PDA

View Full Version : Siemens BR9.0 Macro

justdream
2009-07-11, 07:12 AM
Experts,

Do you have macro to Extract database (in Excel sheet) from Siemens BR9.0 ASCII files

and vice vers :rolleyes:

If you have also for BR8.0....it will be good to sharing while BR9.0 is my main concern at the main time
-----------
Another point: how come you could find two different sites with the same cell ID in your database exported from the live network (they are belong to the same BSC) !!!!!!!!!

justdream
2009-07-11, 07:19 AM
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=4083&highlight=macro

:eek:

gprastomo
2009-07-11, 04:55 PM
Hi,

I think its easy to make the asci to excel sheet..
The cell with the same cell id should have different LAC, its operator rule to have specific CI or specific LAC-CI (CI could be same)...

br

Experts,

Do you have macro to Extract database (in Excel sheet) from Siemens BR9.0 ASCII files

If you have also for BR8.0....it will be good to sharing while BR9.0 is my main concern at the main time
-----------
Another point: how come you could find two different sites with the same cell ID in your database exported from the live network (they are belong to the same BSC) !!!!!!!!!

justdream
2009-07-11, 07:04 PM
thank s Giprastomo:::but why we have cells with the same Cell ID......for example Optimi and other tools refused my BSC database dur to duplicate Cell ID; it is very strange and unlogic to build two cells in the same BSC using the same Cell ID

venom
2009-07-11, 07:08 PM
thank s Giprastomo:::but why we have cells with the same Cell ID......for example Optimi and other tools refused my BSC database dur to duplicate Cell ID; it is very strange and unlogic to build two cells in the same BSC using the same Cell ID

This is due to rehomings,
whenever the cells r rehomed to other BSCs in SIEMENS, their duplicates are created first. Once the cells are rehomed their previous identities are deleted !!

The other reason could be the dummy cell ids, if ur network has dummy cell ids created then u shuld delete it.

In Optimi, if it doesnt accept it then, open ur ascii file in notepad, Obviously optimi will tell you which MEL is having duplicate cellid. Search for the id and change it. You dont have to worry because your cellid information will be imported from other duplicate.

For EBSCs (BR9), i recommend u to use optimi 5.3
Have fun !

justdream
2009-07-11, 07:24 PM
thanks a lot experts
now, do you know how to convert the excel to ASCII

venom
2009-07-11, 07:33 PM
thanks a lot experts
now, do you know how to convert the excel to ASCII

excel to ascii? why?

the ****s are already in ascii form, in order to understand them, we always convert them in excel form.

Optimi can take the ascii form !! so just ask your BSC owners or the people who are looking the database to provide you the raw ****s !!

justdream
2009-07-13, 05:53 PM
I understand but I speak about another issue,
when you create new Database for your BSC you have to convert it to ASCII then send to your radio commander to apply in live network....we have one consultant in another country who is doing that for us I think with special tool
so I just want to know how to do that :hug:

justdream
2009-07-14, 07:36 PM
Friends,

I noticed that convert all BSC *.asc files simultaneously is not good (sometimes hang…sometimes give empty excels) so it’s better to convert *.asc files one by one,
consequently how to combine data from different excels with multiple sheets!!!!!!

kenshinz
2009-07-14, 10:20 PM
try this to combine different excel data

Friends,

I noticed that convert all BSC *.asc files simultaneously is not good (sometimes hang…sometimes give empty excels) so it’s better to convert *.asc files one by one,
consequently how to combine data from different excels with multiple sheets!!!!!!

venom
2009-07-14, 10:50 PM

Alternative Method

You can use BR6 converter to for BR8-BR9 BSCs.

Once converted, open the excel sheets and extract the required information. Use Optimi Template to import your network parameters !!

justdream
2009-08-20, 02:32 AM
Friends, did you hear about Caddie tool to convert your database 'excel-worksheets' to ASCII files - after testing it if it's suitable or not

roots
2009-08-20, 07:03 PM
Hi,

Do anyone have a converter for BR10 ?

Thx

Dikas
2009-10-24, 06:56 PM

Please upload to other media share

Gharib
2010-06-06, 04:41 PM
Experts,

-----------
Attached is Excel macro could be used to extract Database parameters from BSC Dump in Siemens BSCs upto Br.9.
Plz add Rep & Thanks if interested for you and PM for password.
http://www.4shared.com/file/75FmyvTr/NFeed_BR9.html

justdream
2010-06-06, 05:35 PM
Attached is Excel macro could be used to extract Database parameters from BSC Dump in Siemens BSCs upto Br.9.
Plz add Rep & Thanks if interested for you and PM for password.
http://www.4shared.com/file/75FmyvTr/NFeed_BR9.html

kindly explain how to use it in steps

charommel
2010-06-07, 02:42 AM
Friends, did you hear about Caddie tool to convert your database 'excel-worksheets' to ASCII files - after testing it if it's suitable or not

hi, I found this manual about Caddie but I don't have the tool itself. hope this helps.

kumisbaplang
2010-06-22, 12:29 PM
hi, I found this manual about Caddie but I don't have the tool itself. hope this helps.
Thank... but i dont have point to download them *sigh *sigh ... have to wait .. :time: