PDA

View Full Version : Question LTE : Ue capability Information : Home & Roam Scenario

eta004
2018-03-12, 03:53 PM
Will the Ue capability Information send by Ue to ENB to MME vary depending on the Network - Home n/w and Roam network?

coach
2018-03-19, 11:44 PM
Some vendors limit the LTE carrier aggregation combinations available based on the MCC. I’ve seen this for Sony Xperia XZ devices (same phone, different UE capability information in different countries)

franzey
2018-03-20, 06:36 PM
as mentioned by coach, Network can limit the scope of UE capability report in order to force the UE to send only the necessary info to the current Network and also to limit the size as well.

coach
2018-03-21, 12:15 PM
as mentioned by coach, Network can limit the scope of UE capability report in order to force the UE to send only the necessary info to the current Network and also to limit the size as well.

I didn't know the Network did that, I was under the impression it was done by the UE manufacturers. Do you have any reference (doc, link, 3gpp standard, etc) that explains this further?

Thanks!

franzey
2018-03-21, 06:16 PM
I didn't know the Network did that, I was under the impression it was done by the UE manufacturers. Do you have any reference (doc, link, 3gpp standard, etc) that explains this further?

Thanks!

yes, the actual content depends on the UE. http://www.sharetechnote.com/html/Handbook_LTE_UE_Capability.html