PDA

View Full Version : Question RRC connection request : Establishment cause mt-access

eta004
2018-03-08, 12:54 PM
What is actually happening in an RRC CONNECTION REQUEST with establishment cause: mt-access.

I have observed this was happening in response to paging message mainly. Both paging message and rrc reqst have the same mmec and s-tmsi meaning it is a paging response to the paging done for this Ue.

What is the information contained in the paging response in rrc reqst message with

cause: mt-access.??

hoangtuna
2018-03-09, 12:08 AM
What is actually happening in an RRC CONNECTION REQUEST with establishment cause: mt-access.

I have observed this was happening in response to paging message mainly. Both paging message and rrc reqst have the same mmec and s-tmsi meaning it is a paging response to the paging done for this Ue.

What is the information contained in the paging response in rrc reqst message with

I think "mt" maybe stand for Mobile Terminal. UE request connection to get a call?

I'm not sure...

Brgds,

khurrambilal01
2018-03-10, 04:54 AM

This is generally a paging request coming for specific UE, due to some ping/data coming for UE..

Generally if you see only MT att increase then it can be an attack from some website/server on specific Subnets/IPs of your eNBs and UEs.We have such attacks multiple times each year..Analyze Wireshark logs and try to find out the IPs doing alot of pings but no reply in response.

rimeka
2018-03-14, 01:03 PM
RRC connection request with establishment cause mt-access contained: Ue-Identity (S-TMSI or randomValue) and the establishment cause (mt-Access)

RRCConnectionRequest-r8-IEs ::= SEQUENCE {
ue-Identity InitialUE-Identity,
establishmentCause EstablishmentCause,
spare BIT STRING (SIZE (1))
}

InitialUE-Identity ::= CHOICE {
s-TMSI S-TMSI,
randomValue BIT STRING (SIZE (40))
}

EstablishmentCause ::= ENUMERATED {
emergency, highPriorityAccess, mt-Access, mo-Signalling,
mo-Data, delayTolerantAccess-v1020, mo-VoiceCall-v1280, spare1}

franzey
2018-03-14, 03:52 PM
mt stands for mobile terminating or commonly known as the Bnumber. That's why it is associated with paging.

oswe
2018-03-22, 10:05 PM
https://tech.queryhome.com/69801/connection-establishmentcause-highpriorityaccess-signalling

you can search for signalling in LTE . bR.