PDA

View Full Version : Question HS FACH Supported UE

Mirzaatif
2017-12-05, 07:09 AM
Dear Experts,

How I can check UE is supporting HS FACH feature in 3G, from Tems Investigation layer 3 messages.

wolverine
2017-12-05, 06:13 PM
Look for the following IE in the RRC Connection Request

hspdschReception-CellFach true,

electron
2017-12-06, 04:57 PM
Look for the following IE in the RRC Connection Request

hspdschReception-CellFach true,

Hi,

It does not show whether the UE is capable(Supportive release) or not. It shows it is activated in RAN or not .

B
R

wolverine
2017-12-06, 06:17 PM
Hi,

It does not show whether the UE is capable(Supportive release) or not. It shows it is activated in RAN or not .

B
R

That is not correct. This is the first message the UE sends. It has no way of knowing the status of the feature on the RAN.

Also from the specs (25.331)..

The absence of
this IE indicates
that the UE does
not support HSPDSCH
reception
in CELL_FACH
state.

electron
2017-12-06, 07:10 PM
That is not correct. This is the first message the UE sends. It has no way of knowing the status of the feature on the RAN.

Also from the specs (25.331)..

The absence of
this IE indicates
that the UE does
not support HSPDSCH
reception
in CELL_FACH
state.

Hi wolverin,

Thanks for the reply, I am afraid your provided info is not precise i double checked and Below is the explanation of what i meant on my last post:

HS-FACH capability is reported by the UE and NW "both". It is in RRC Connection request in SIB 5 IE (Carried on P-CCCH physical channel ). the purpose of this new IE in SIB5 , is an indication to a HS_FACH capable UE that, it shall not listen to traditional FACH channel but it shall instead listen to the HS-DSCH channel whenever data is expected in FACH channel . So we can say that this is an indication from network side not UE only. But we can interpret it from different angle

B
R

bluep
2018-02-05, 06:19 PM
So which UE support this feature HS Cell_FACH uplink ? I have Z5 , but don't have this option

samuraial
2018-02-05, 07:45 PM
So which UE support this feature HS Cell_FACH uplink ? I have Z5 , but don't have this option

Well you can search google and find the answer.
It is there and pretty easy to find.

But i did the job for you and here you have a nice explanation:
https://onestore.nokia.com/asset/200218/Nokia_Qualcomm_Enhanced_Cell_FACH_White_Paper_EN.pdf

Every phone complying with that 3GPP release will have that feature.

B/R

bluep
2018-02-06, 11:09 AM
Tks Samuraial for a nice post
However, as in your link, does not mention about which UE that have TEMS liscense can support E-Cell FACH in uplink ( Downlink is ok for most of UE ).
Every phone complying with that 3GPP release will have that feature. Yes, but uplink is hard to find .

Well you can search google and find the answer.
It is there and pretty easy to find.

But i did the job for you and here you have a nice explanation:
https://onestore.nokia.com/asset/200218/Nokia_Qualcomm_Enhanced_Cell_FACH_White_Paper_EN.pdf

Every phone complying with that 3GPP release will have that feature.

B/R

samuraial
2018-02-06, 06:18 PM
The guys in the previous messages did an excellent job showing how can you find it.
If you check with the phone specs and you see the Enhanced FACH feature you can be sure it has it as it is an old release feature.

B/R

bluep
2018-02-12, 09:48 AM
Tks, but I wanna to know which UE go along with tems can support this option, for buying
However, in your post, I found that UE with chip Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 and above support this feature, in uplink
Tks again

The guys in the previous messages did an excellent job showing how can you find it.
If you check with the phone specs and you see the Enhanced FACH feature you can be sure it has it as it is an old release feature.

B/R