PDA

View Full Version : Help: The automatic management solution for Antenna Database

Interface
2017-11-10, 05:23 PM
Dear Brother,
As we know, the antenna database (location, tilt, azimuth, high) is very important for Network Planning and Optimization. In my network, the main problems is that: We don't have any automatic solution to manage this database. Normal, we have to collect this information quarterly. This action takes more time, cost and can't make sure the database is correct 100%.
So that, based on your network, have any automatic solution to manage the antenna database.
Please share us your experience. Thank so much!

liukang
2017-11-10, 07:23 PM
Dear Interface,
I know your problem, i don't know which 3rd partner solution can help you but i suggest that you need order with your IT department built up data base management software (many telecom operator built web interface software manage database by themselves)

Dear Brother,
As we know, the antenna database (location, tilt, azimuth, high) is very important for Network Planning and Optimization. In my network, the main problems is that: We don't have any automatic solution to manage this database. Normal, we have to collect this information quarterly. This action takes more time, cost and can't make sure the database is correct 100%.
So that, based on your network, have any automatic solution to manage the antenna database.
Please share us your experience. Thank so much!

pathloss
2017-11-13, 12:22 AM
Hi,

I'm not aware of an off-the-shelf solution. I guess you need to get in contact with a software company your IT and devlop something.
We call a DB like that Site Database and it has all informations about Site localization, Access Information, Mast Type, Antennas, Antenna system etc...
That information is injected daily in our RF planning software.

Site DB needs to be updated by the engineers (site managers, oss) on a daily basis. As soon as changes are made.

But consistency and accuracy strong depends on the Team that enters the data. So try to build in some incentive for them (like reports, asset managment), so they will keep it updated.

kentck86
2018-06-15, 10:53 PM
I am thinking if on the Antenna itself able to install some devices which is able to measure ( lat, long, height, azimuth, M-Tilt) and sending back to network itself sort of IOT for each antenna basic information that would be awesome. Any idea if such thing is available ?

pathloss
2018-06-16, 04:10 AM
Yes, there are solutions. I've seen a device from Kathrein that will be installed above the antenna and is connected via AISG (AMU 86010129). However I can't understand why somebody would install such device on all of its antennas.
I am thinking if on the Antenna itself able to install some devices which is able to measure ( lat, long, height, azimuth, M-Tilt) and sending back to network itself sort of IOT for each antenna basic information that would be awesome. Any idea if such thing is available ?

redendo
2018-07-02, 05:44 AM
check this post from the page 10, it may be useful

don't forget rep and thx

RF-SYR
2018-08-05, 05:24 PM
do you know it's working? any datasheet and manual please.

Somik
2018-08-09, 07:32 PM
Installing AMT device on every antenna require some budget, it might not be widely used :o
Actually, I came across the antenna parameters, like azimuth, tilt, ant type were reported in a standard CM file under RET info object.
that might be a better solution for automated antenna DB.

Nyquist
2018-08-10, 12:17 AM
@Interface
If I understand right, you need to have a database of whole sites with at least following information: location, tilt, azimuth and high, in a cost-effective way.
This is my point of view:
(1) - Location and High are both usually fixed.
(2) - Azimuth and Tilt (usually last) can vary from optimization processes.

What I have seen is an excel file containing all these information and built manually, getting every data from the first installation of the node, and update (2) every time a change is executed.
With this process you have from beginning an updated database and no need for launching quarterly campaigns for updating.
Yes, you have to follow the process manually 100%.

I hope it helps