PDA

View Full Version : Reason for Dropped Call

gencerali
2009-06-28, 09:10 PM
Hi Everybody, I have 1 droppped call on e******* 2G RBS, on which i am not sure about the reason for that. Signal Quality and Coverage is quite well, and no RLT is counted back, but it occured many times on whole city. It was from MS2PSTN call. I guess there may be a problem on PSTN side? What do you think?

Here is the disconnect message:

CC Disconnect
TI flag: 1, Transaction ID: 0x0
IE: Cause
- .Coding Standard: GSM PLMNS Standard
- .Location: Public network serving the local user
- .Cause value: class - Resource unavailable (Hex 2), value - temporary failure (Hex 09)
- .Diagnostic(s) if any:

RF engineer
2009-06-29, 05:07 AM
you can make trace on your MS number and see what is the message i don't know how to trace in E******* if it huawei i could help .
BR

hassen
2009-06-29, 07:38 AM
hi
This cause indicates that the network is not functioning correctly causing call drop
mybe problem is related to the synchronization or bad signaling between msc and pstn.

br hassen

rheyra
2009-06-29, 11:49 AM
Hi gencerali,
Seeing your disconnect message, it's quite clear that the reason is Resource Unavailable. Everytime you got this type of cause value, then it means no resource available = lack of capacity. If lack of capacity in radio part (BSS to MS part), then it will not be counted as drop instead of block call, but if lack of capacity happen in higher level of network (such as A interface, or link to PSTN), then this disconnect call will be counted as a drop in BSS counter. So, the suggestion is, please check your A interface or your GSM to PSTN link congestion and availability, it should be there.
Hopefully clear for you.

BR//Rheyra
Pls don't forget to add reputation my friend :)

Hi Everybody, I have 1 droppped call on e******* 2G RBS, on which i am not sure about the reason for that. Signal Quality and Coverage is quite well, and no RLT is counted back, but it occured many times on whole city. It was from MS2PSTN call. I guess there may be a problem on PSTN side? What do you think?

CC Disconnect
- .Cause value: class - Resource unavailable (Hex 2), value - temporary failure (Hex 09)
- .Diagnostic(s) if any:

gprastomo
2009-06-29, 01:53 PM
Hi,
I have seen many times the call was released due to temporary failure, resource unavailable, network out of order, channel unacceptable etc but the radio condition was good.
In my 3G drivetest experience, (usually in nemo) that kind of release will count as dropped call, but you can further verify that RRC release message should be normal release although on disconnect cause shown that particular case.

Usually this problem are caused on high level network entity such as blocking on MSC-MSC/HLR etc, you should checked and make coordination with Core team to checked those interface performance.

br

CC Disconnect
- .Diagnostic(s) if any:

hassen
2009-06-29, 09:02 PM
hi

I am agree 100 % with gito
please follow his recommandation

hassen

roloramos
2010-05-30, 08:12 AM
Could you make a test system in MSC, with this you can view a EOS fault
code ...after that you can review this EOS in Alex Library
:)