1.RX quality
2.SQI

PLz giv the difference between them....

Thanks in Advance
:p

rheyra
2009-06-24, 04:10 PM
Hi basith.aces,
It should be RxQuality which we concern about. This is more real than SQI, where SQI is also affected by used speech codec. RxQuality is a translation of bit error rate (BER). So, what do you think? RxQuality, right?

BR//Rheyra
Pls don't forget to add reputation if this is useful for you.. :)

Dear All

Can you sujjest me which one is better for improving the Quality of Network

1.RX quality
2.SQI

Thanks in Advance

basith.aces
2009-06-24, 04:16 PM
Hi basith.aces,
It should be RxQuality which we concern about. This is more real than SQI, where SQI is also affected by used speech codec. RxQuality is a translation of bit error rate (BER). So, what do you think? RxQuality, right?

BR//Rheyra
Pls don't forget to add reputation if this is useful for you.. :)

Thanks for quick responce but can any one provide more details about SQI & RXQuality

And info required on speech codec...

Thanks
BR

RF engineer
2009-06-24, 05:20 PM
It is better to take the SQI into consideration because SQI is the output after signal modulation and take into consideration BER,FER and handover but Rx Quality is just measure you BER before modulation.

santosjj
2009-06-24, 05:32 PM
SQI is better, because is the quality perceived by the user.

SQI-MOS takes the following parameters as input:
- Frame error rate (FER), i.e. the percentage of frames that are lost on their way to the receiving party, usually because of bad radio conditions.
Frame errors also occur in connection with handover, and these are treated like any other frame errors by the SQI-MOS algorithm. It should be noted that in WCDMA, handover frame errors can usually be avoided thanks to the soft handover mechanism. In GSM, on the other hand, every handover causes a number of frames to be lost.
Handovers are not modeled independently in any way by SQI-MOS.2
More generally, the current algorithm also does not consider the distribution of frame errors over time.
- Bit error rate (BER). This is available in GSM only; no such quantity is reported by UEs in WCDMA mode.
- The speech codec used. The general speech quality level and the highest attainable quality vary widely between codecs. Moreover, each speech codec has its own strengths and
weaknesses with regard to input properties and channel conditions.

gprastomo
2009-06-24, 06:08 PM
I think it depends on the way you looking at.
If you think SQI is better so sometimes in AMR network it will not reflect the real quality, the SQI still good when RxQual is bad, it means it will be hiding from real problem, you have bad quality but the SQI is good so the real problem is not detected.

But for the RxQual, you can detect everylittle thing

br

sonar_bangla
2009-06-24, 06:33 PM
Dear All

Can you sujjest me which one is better for improving the Quality of Network

1.RX quality
2.SQI

Thanks in Advance

SQI is updated measurements by Tems

RxQuality:
measures by the BER
but one prob is that BER is not available in the time of HO or when FACH is using and SACH is suppressed. so at the time of HO u cannot get quality because of your SACH suppression.

for that reason Tems invented SQI,:
it measured by RxQual, Interference and FER
so you can get quality every time and better accuracy

thanks..

torex
2009-06-24, 06:51 PM
If you're talking about SQI, means you use TEMS as tools because it is e******* proprietary algorithm. Anybody knows SQI equal in Nemo?

RF engineer
2009-06-24, 09:16 PM
Correct me in case i am wrong i think FER is less dependent on Codec types(FR,HR,FER,AMR).
BR
RF