PDA

View Full Version : Question HSUPA REJECTION relation with PS ACC

Liicker
2017-05-05, 01:57 AM
Hi all.

This is my first post, and im kinda new in this Networking world. Also, english is not my main lenguage so i appologize in advance.

This is my case:

Im using an UMTS HUAWEI network. There is one cell with capacity problems and there arent any short terms plans to add new cells in the cluster, nevertheless im being asked to improve PS Accesibility.

My configuration for HSPA is HSUPA MAX USER 40 and HSDPA MAX USER 128.

Most of the day, HSUPA users are toped at 40, but HSDPA is on 80~ aprox.

If I configure MAX HSUPA to 20... Are the users rejected from HSUPA redirected to HSDPA? This HSUPA REJECTIONS are going to affect even more my PS Accesibility or it will improve it due to theorically reduced CE usage?

Do you have any other advices to improve the KPI and the users persception of the service?

Thank you in advance!

electron
2017-05-05, 02:22 PM
Hi all.

This is my first post, and im kinda new in this Networking world. Also, english is not my main lenguage so i appologize in advance.

This is my case:

Im using an UMTS HUAWEI network. There is one cell with capacity problems and there arent any short terms plans to add new cells in the cluster, nevertheless im being asked to improve PS Accesibility.

My configuration for HSPA is HSUPA MAX USER 40 and HSDPA MAX USER 128.

Most of the day, HSUPA users are toped at 40, but HSDPA is on 80~ aprox.

If I configure MAX HSUPA to 20... Are the users rejected from HSUPA redirected to HSDPA? This HSUPA REJECTIONS are going to affect even more my PS Accesibility or it will improve it due to theorically reduced CE usage?

Do you have any other advices to improve the KPI and the users persception of the service?

Thank you in advance!

hi,

A very short term solution would be reducing hsInactivityTimer from 2 to 1 although it is not recommended.

Cheers

oswe
2017-05-08, 11:00 PM
if it will affect , depends on your acc kpi.
...a user can connect to hsdpa without hsupa. we still have phones without it.
in fact algorithm checks if quality is enough for hsUPA and if it´s not it can use a lower channel in R99 uplink.
usually ps_acc wont count hsupa rejections as customers know this is dependant on max_users...