PDA

View Full Version : Question LTE TDD Cell with No User But UL PRB Usage = 11% !!

fahmi
2017-02-14, 11:48 PM
Dear Experts

I have many LTE TDD cells with no User and no Traffic but the UL PRB usage is around 11% !!

Any explanation for this behaviour ?

Used formula : {100}*([L.ChMeas.PRB.UL.Used.Avg]/[L.ChMeas.PRB.UL.Avail])

Vendor Huawei

DL PRB is about ~ 0.8%

Thanks

marcengo
2017-02-23, 02:49 AM
Does this counters account for common/control channels? Such as, PUCCH and PRACH? If yes, this could be your answer.

fahmi
2017-02-23, 10:31 PM
Assume that is PUCCH usage. But in our case there is no user and no traffic for this TDD Cell but not the same for an FDD Cell with no traffic.

Is calculating PRB Load for TDD diferrent from FDD ?

Does this counters account for common/control channels? Such as, PUCCH and PRACH? If yes, this could be your answer.

amirvahidi
2017-02-24, 09:14 PM
How i get dump for LTE from Netact?

electron
2017-02-25, 06:03 AM
How i get dump for LTE from Netact?

Ask in Nokia forum plz

marcengo
2017-03-06, 09:39 AM
Assume that is PUCCH usage. But in our case there is no user and no traffic for this TDD Cell but not the same for an FDD Cell with no traffic.

Is calculating PRB Load for TDD diferrent from FDD ?

I`d say it depends more if the vendor does PUCCH dynamic allocation or fixed. If it is fixed, you will always have some PRB load due to PUCCH and PRACH, regardless if there is or there is not users camped in the cell. Once again, depends on the counters you are looking at. Assume 50 PRBs (10MHz) and 6 PRBs for PUCCH, which is pretty common, you would get 12%, which is pretty close to what you are measuring.