PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 4G/LTE comissioning xml generation

K...
2016-11-30, 06:55 PM
Hi,

I'm involved in the production of xml commissioning files for Nokia LTE sites.

The roll-out is pretty heavy and there are multiple and complicated configurations.

Currently the procedure mostly used is the copy-paste of xml files from similar sites and the replacement of site specific params, but we are not happy with that :(

We would prefer a solution with an input of a csv with the site specific params and the configuration of the site (system modules, RF modules, carrier aggregation, RF sharing etc etc) and an output of the xml.

What other approaches are followed in the market?
Is there any specialized SW for this or is everybody having his own solution?

Thanks,
K.

eritelecom
2016-11-30, 11:01 PM
i'm tired looking for this csv to xml tool !!

asifhaider919
2016-12-01, 03:04 AM
Hi,

The roll-out is pretty heavy and there are multiple and complicated configurations.

Currently the procedure mostly used is the copy-paste of xml files from similar sites and the replacement of site specific params, but we are not happy with that :(

We would prefer a solution with an input of a csv with the site specific params and the configuration of the site (system modules, RF modules, carrier aggregation, RF sharing etc etc) and an output of the xml.

Thanks,
K.

Have not heard of any specific software for that (except BTS manager which generates 1 SCF, slow process) . Everyone is working with their own solutions.

I can help you in creating SCFs in bulk, you can send me your csv with specific params and configs.

krobelux
2016-12-01, 12:27 PM
if you can generate 1 sample XML files with completed configuaration, that files can be duplicate for another sites with changing some parameter, some team [project based] use own tools to duplicate, actually nokia used BTS SM for generating xml files for integration one by one

Hi,

Thanks,
K.

K...
2016-12-01, 04:55 PM
Have not heard of any specific software for that (except BTS manager which generates 1 SCF, slow process) . Everyone is working with their own solutions.

I can help you in creating SCFs in bulk, you can send me your csv with specific params and configs.

Hi,

Thanks for the offer. I think I will be able to build some solution of my own (although SW release changes seem to be quite of an issue), but first I'm trying to understand what approach most engineers are following.

I've also spoken to local Nokia people and they don't seem to be aware of any commonly used solution.

K.

K...
2016-12-01, 05:00 PM
if you can generate 1 sample XML files with completed configuaration, that files can be duplicate for another sites with changing some parameter, some team [project based] use own tools to duplicate, actually nokia used BTS SM for generating xml files for integration one by one

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Duplicating existing xmls is what we're doing for now, but the preferred solution would be something in accordance to what we're doing in 2G/3G, where the integration team is just executing ready made plans without any need to process them, which would help us avoid a lot of mistakes.

I've also heard this solution to create the files one by one with BTS manager but the load of the roll-out is too heavy for this.

K.

eritelecom
2016-12-01, 09:41 PM
what about the change of few paramters in all network ? do you need to do it manually using bts manager for all cells !!

K...
2016-12-01, 09:50 PM
what about the change of few paramters in all network ? do you need to do it manually using bts manager for all cells !!

In this case you can use Netact.

rfah96
2016-12-03, 05:29 AM
There is a commercial CM platform for preparing commissioning scripts, ACCELA, which supports for E******* ,Huawei and NSN and technologies are GSM,UMTS and LTE. Available output formats are xml/mml/amos

Accela is provided by www.innovile.com (http://www.innovile.com)

http://www.slideshare.net/aoztslide/gsm-umts-lte-site-commissioning-software

Hi,

Thanks,
K.

krobelux
2016-12-03, 10:08 AM
yes you can create bulk CR for all network, and convert it to xml.

In this case you can use Netact.

eritelecom
2016-12-17, 07:14 PM
@ K...please can you share any doc explaining the procedure using Netact ? i will appreciate that too much

eritelecom
2016-12-17, 09:08 PM
yes you can create bulk CR for all network, and convert it to xml.please explain how to do that

oswe
2017-10-09, 02:07 AM
easy to write, come on... make a simple vba code in excel