PDA

View Full Version : Question TDD UL/DL Config 2 and 4 advantages

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2016-10-30, 12:44 AM
Hi Experts,

Did anybody compare practically TDD UL/DL configuration 2 and 4.

Config 4 have advantage over 2 as one special subframe can be avoided. it can be more efficient usage.

Anyone have experience or comment related to it. Please share we are in process of discussion to change.

Regards,

auto_art
2016-10-30, 08:57 AM
Hi Experts,

Did anybody compare practically TDD UL/DL configuration 2 and 4.

Config 4 have the advantage over 2 as one special subframe can be avoided. it can be more efficient usage.

Anyone have experience or comment related to it. Please share we are in process of discussion to change.

Regards,

I studied it, but unfortunately, my vendor did not have option 4 to use in current release so, I have to stick with 2. Also since we have coexisting Wimax which also has 5ms frame it's not recommended to use 10 ms. this is not good for delay sensitive applications

cons of using 4 is that it has the periodicity of 10ms. so you have less opportunity(once every 10 ms) to send ul feedback(harq, bsr e.t.c) whereas in 2 u may send it every 5 ms.

another reason i found is that 10ms periodicity is to much if you have Voip configured in LTE. option 4 is good for asymmetric apps like internet, web browsing where only DL is dominant

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2016-10-31, 05:44 PM
Thanks,

I got same feedback from many sources.
latency is the issue with config4 and online-gamings, VoIP would never be optimized here at all.

Thanks for your kind reply