PDA

View Full Version : Question GMS RACH Failure in E******* system

tokybaz
2016-05-20, 04:33 PM
Hi all.

How to improve GSM RACH Failure in E******* system?

I may activate xrange even the traffic is not so far, but activating XRANGE damages capacity... :(

Could you please advise? Thks.

Ghost78
2016-05-20, 07:20 PM
Hi;

activating xrange feature, will recover the subscribers droped due exessive timing advance, I don't think this will help to improve RACH failures, please, can you tell me how many timeslots are configured as BCCH, what is the value of parameters MAXRET, AGBLK, and TX.

B.R

tokybaz
2016-05-20, 10:03 PM
Usually, XRANGE works fine, but we have problem on capacity.

Only 1 timeslot is configured as BCCH.
MAXRET = 4, AGBLK = 1 and TX = 32.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ghost78
2016-05-21, 06:06 AM
ok;

the configuration is fine, but tell me now about the following points, after that we can tune some parameters:
- site rural or urban
- ACCMIN parameter value.
- transmission over MW links or other.
- from MRR what is the distribution of traffic, what is the percentage of samples for TA>55.
- is there any site can share traffic with this cell, means existance of sites in the area served by this cell.

B.R

tokybaz
2016-05-23, 03:00 PM
ok, thks.

- Site is rural
- ACCMIN = 104
- Transmission is over MW link
- TA > 55 is less than 0.5%
- There is no site to share traffic with.

Could you find what to do on those sites ? Thks.

Ghost78
2016-05-23, 10:21 PM
Hi;

Since it's rural site, we can not modify neither ACCMIN nor CRO; I suggest to reduce TX to 10; RACH restransmission delay will be shorter, also, try to configure one additional CCCH for this cell.

Bytheway, is this cell situated in the middle between two LACs.

B.R

tokybaz
2016-05-23, 10:45 PM
Hi,

Thks for your suggestion. I'm going to test TX and CCCH.

This cell is also situated in the middle between two LACs.

BR.

Ghost78
2016-05-24, 05:41 AM
Ok;

if it is border cell, increase CRH parameter, you can put it 10, this will decrease the reselection from the neighbour LAC cells, hence decreasing in term of Location updates.

B.R

tokybaz
2016-05-24, 09:16 PM
Hi Ghost78,

After setting TX and CCCH as you suggested, I still have bad RACH Success rate (with the same trend hourly).
What do you propose for me?

BR.

oswe
2016-05-24, 09:54 PM
im not so keen on E--- system but I saw an MRR report which can show you UL/DL imbalance. i didnt have time to compare with other cells but if you check perhaps this can explain your failure. thanks god our customer doesnt involve RACH kpis´s they are awful.

Ghost78
2016-05-24, 11:52 PM
Since it's not possible to limit the cell coverage, you have only the option of activating XRANGE feauture, and you need to double the cell TRX number.