PDA

View Full Version : Question Handover cause from L3 message

dacoder
2016-05-06, 05:18 PM
Can we know the handover cause from L3 messages? I have been observing frequent handover in our network (Huawei 2G), any suggestion would be appreciated.

thanks

BENRHOUMASALEM
2016-05-06, 06:07 PM
As a know we can't find HO causes from L3 messages. just we work by eliminating case by case.

sak2e
2016-05-07, 12:08 AM
Hello Dacoder,

could you specify handover cause such as via S1 or X2 or what kind of cause are you looking for?

yassanino
2016-05-07, 05:31 AM
Hello Dacoder,

could you specify handover cause such as via S1 or X2 or what kind of cause are you looking for?
he is asking on 2G handover i think not LTE :)

yassanino
2016-05-07, 05:32 AM
you can observe handover command , and if handover is properly executed
for cause i think you go to counters and check your current thresholds
BR

dacoder
2016-05-08, 03:51 PM
you can observe handover command , and if handover is properly executed
for cause i think you go to counters and check your current thresholds
BR
yes, handovers are successfully executed and very few failures. The only thing is that there are too frequent handovers

mashi123
2016-05-08, 03:56 PM
there are multiple reasons of repetitive handover , what you can do is to figure out why the outgoing handover is triggered (quality , level , priority?) and why the MS is coming back , then you can decide the proper action to stop the repetition

dacoder
2016-05-08, 05:46 PM
there are multiple reasons of repetitive handover , what you can do is to figure out why the outgoing handover is triggered (quality , level , priority?) and why the MS is coming back , then you can decide the proper action to stop the repetition
yes i was wondering if this info regarding HO due to quality or level or priority etc are included in L3 messages. Or the only way to check this is from performance counters ?

yassanino
2016-05-09, 01:34 AM
yes i was wondering if this info regarding HO due to quality or level or priority etc are included in L3 messages. Or the only way to check this is from performance counters ?

first list your ping pong HO list ( cells with frequent handover)
+ check if the area is bad coverage/quality ( this can be the main reason) => optimize your coverage/quality
+ if the region has good coverage/quality than you must check your HO parameters ( Time To trigger + offset + measurement frequency ) and adjust
BR

mashi123
2016-05-09, 03:40 PM
the network does not inform the mobile about the reason of handover.

ubiquitous
2016-05-10, 03:18 PM
Hi. In NSN OSS we can start any MSISDN tracing where a lot of radio messages we can see. There are the reasons of HO as well. I suppose the same is in the Huawei.

dacoder
2016-05-10, 04:00 PM
Hi. In NSN OSS we can start any MSISDN tracing where a lot of radio messages we can see. There are the reasons of HO as well. I suppose the same is in the Huawei.
Yes in Huawei network we can trace A interface BSSAP message to see HO causes.

rogand.lomboka@gmail.com
2016-05-26, 11:23 PM
first list your ping pong HO list ( cells with frequent handover)
+ check if the area is bad coverage/quality ( this can be the main reason) => optimize your coverage/quality
+ if the region has good coverage/quality than you must check your HO parameters ( Time To trigger + offset + measurement frequency ) and adjust
BR hello sir, the ping_pong HO issue is a problem of coverage called overlaping,in order to resolve your issue please improve the coverage on this area(tilt change,azimuth change,increase the tx power and increase the antenna height) by creating a threshold exemple 3dBm or 4dBm between the serving cell and the neighbourings.