PDA

View Full Version : MTM5400 CODEPLUG ERROR

RicardoNit
2016-05-04, 07:41 PM
After trying to upgrade to the MR15 radio does not turn on
I used the rear cable, but only now realized that he was damaged, one of the wires is broken, surely that generated this error.
To turn on the radio have to press several times the Power button it lights and then immediately a message saying:

Codeplug setting Error:
CH Role Selection
CH is powering OFF

What should I do to recover the radio?

Grateful

-bup-
2016-05-05, 04:29 AM
Hi,

You have CH and radio body firmware mismatch.

Using rear cable, you only upgrade radio body, not CH. (radio body = radio brick)
Simply upgrade CH with the front USB cable.

RicardoNit
2016-05-05, 04:35 AM
Hi,

You have CH and radio boby firmware mismatch.

Using rear cable, you only upgrade radio boby, not CH.
Simply upgrade CH with the front USB cable.

What would 'boby firmware'?
I did not quite understand this part. . . please explain in detail
Thank you

-bup-
2016-05-05, 05:45 AM
I corrected my message, my mistake, I would write radio body (radio brick) to difference from Control Head.

RicardoNit
2016-05-05, 11:42 PM
I corrected my message, my mistake, I would write radio body (radio brick) to difference from Control Head.

Ok -bup- basically what I do is update the firmware for rear cable after doing this I do a simple codeplug saved radio upgrade the front cable?

dano
2016-05-06, 01:12 AM
Ok -bup- basically what I do is update the firmware for rear cable after doing this I do a simple codeplug saved radio upgrade the front cable?

I had the same problem ! You need this cable NHK6184C.

REAR USB CABLE = can be programmed only radio firmware
FRONT USB CABLE = can be programmed both, radio firmware + front panel firmware

RicardoNit
2016-05-06, 01:37 AM
I had the same problem ! You need this cable NHK6184C.

REAR USB CABLE = can be programmed only radio firmware
FRONT USB CABLE = can be programmed both, radio firmware + front panel firmware

Got it, now became clear!
I bought a cable of this on ebay, I am waiting to get.

Grateful for the help. . .

pavlebo
2016-05-11, 05:02 PM
I can't turn on MTM5400. I have both cables. When I connect cable on the rear connector, USB driver
on PC - Win10 can't recognize USB driver. But still exist some USB connection between MTM5400
and PC.

Any idea?

RicardoNit
2016-05-11, 08:53 PM
I can't turn on MTM5400. I have both cables. When I connect cable on the rear connector, USB driver
on PC - Win10 can't recognize USB driver. But still exist some USB connection between MTM5400
and PC.

Any idea?

I believe you have to use the front cable. If you can not also have to reprogram it with a serial cable. . .

pavlebo
2016-05-11, 09:29 PM
When I try with the cable on the front, there is not indication that PC can communicate with radio over USB port.
I don't know is it possible to connect MTM5400 over RS232, for MTM800 is possible and works fine.

RicardoNit
2016-05-12, 03:52 AM
When I try with the cable on the front, there is not indication that PC can communicate with radio over USB port.
I don't know is it possible to connect MTM5400 over RS232, for MTM800 is possible and works fine.

So now I do not know what can be done to recover the radio. I think it would be a more technical issue, perhaps a direct contact is required with some technical assistance ********. Or maybe someone here forum with so knowledge can help you.
I fear that in my case it happens also bought the two cables and I'm waiting to get so you can test.