PDA

View Full Version : Question Refernce signal on more than one port

Mdaf
2016-04-25, 05:43 AM
Hi,
forgive me for my ignorance but I have very basic question.
in LTE we have refernce signal, and in case of using more than one antenna port we have to dtx the other refernce signal at the same time time the 1st refernce signal is transmitted, the reason is to protect the quality of the refernce signal, my question: for other channels if they are sent on two ports why its OK to be transmitted at same time same sub carrier? What's the difference, and why they are not interfering each other.
many thanks

rosan
2016-04-29, 04:50 PM
Because it is used as the reference to estimate the correlation between two ports(RI)?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

tremalnike
2016-04-29, 06:22 PM
The control channels always using tx diversity scheme. Streams are coded using space-time block coding (Alamouti scheme) in order to not interferee each other. PDSCH uses spatial multiplexing to multiple data rate.

sak2e
2016-05-02, 02:10 AM
Hi Mdaf,

Actually dtx is used for RS Power boosting, you can boost your RS up to 3 dB by using this dtx without reduce power of PDSCH or other channel.

You can see my post on LTE power boosting.

BR

Hi,
forgive me for my ignorance but I have very basic question.
in LTE we have refernce signal, and in case of using more than one antenna port we have to dtx the other refernce signal at the same time time the 1st refernce signal is transmitted, the reason is to protect the quality of the refernce signal, my question: for other channels if they are sent on two ports why its OK to be transmitted at same time same sub carrier? What's the difference, and why they are not interfering each other.
many thanks

rosan
2016-05-02, 07:56 AM
The control channels always using tx diversity scheme. Streams are coded using space-time block coding (Alamouti scheme) in order to not interferee each other. PDSCH uses spatial multiplexing to multiple data rate.
PDCCH too?

rosan