PDA

View Full Version : Parameter Change Suggestion Required for E**** TCH Drop improvement

parsarka
2016-04-19, 09:43 PM
Hi E***** experts,
Please suggest all the parameters along with recommended values to improve the network TCH Drop call rate which is currently very high in my network.

Ghost78
2016-04-20, 03:30 AM
Hi;

check first the reason behind it, it's better to start working on worst cells, those which contribute with high number of drops.

B.R

parsarka
2016-05-02, 01:54 PM
Hi;

check first the reason behind it, it's better to start working on worst cells, those which contribute with high number of drops.

B.R

Thanks..i have checked max drops are in Low SS BL & UL.The drop is distributed through huge number cells across the network.So please suggest advance parameter settings apart from the regular ones(RLINK,ACCMIN etc..)

ubiquitous
2016-05-05, 03:31 PM
Thanks..i have checked max drops are in Low SS BL & UL.The drop is distributed through huge number cells across the network.So please suggest advance parameter settings apart from the regular ones(RLINK,ACCMIN etc..)

Hi. I`m a Nokia user. SS means Signal Strength?
Try please give more information about your network. How many Bands do you have, what are they (G900, G1800, U900 TDD, U2100 FDD, etc.), are there blocking at some layer?
What kind of parameters do you want to optimize? Don`t you want to shrink cell coverage by ACCMIN? In some cases it can be reasonable, let`s say you have to drive traffic from overloaded layer and restrict handovers to that layer.
In some cases low coverage is due to poor adjacency plan (UE can`t handover to the nearest cell so they stay on the current cell to the drop).
In some cases it`s due to lack of indoor coverage, so you need to install new sites to increase SS.
In some cases it`s due to the hardware fault, on the core network, due to the synchronization between different BTS, etc.

It`s need to understand about your network and it`s need to try to find the real reason of low SS. Parameters optimizing can be poor solution and it will mask the real issue.