PDA

View Full Version : Question Dual Carrier Penetration in E*******

gunpowder
2016-04-16, 02:16 AM
Dear All,

When comparing Dual Carrier Penetration between E// and Huawei we found that E// is so much lower [Same Users Area Profile]
does anyone have any idea about this issue

smartyouth92
2016-04-16, 02:30 AM
What do you mean in much lower ? ?

gunpowder
2016-04-16, 03:28 AM
E// Shows DC Penetration between 6 and 10% but Huawei DC Penetration are between 20-25% (Same Handsets profile)
Counters used :
E//DC Penetration = <pmSumMcSecActUes>/(<pmSumScAndMcActUes>)

electron
2016-04-16, 05:54 AM
E// Shows DC Penetration between 6 and 10% but Huawei DC Penetration are between 20-25% (Same Handsets profile)
Counters used :
E//DC Penetration = <pmSumMcSecActUes>/(<pmSumScAndMcActUes>)

Hi,

This is not HSDPA MC penetration, It is HSDPA MC usage actually. Please let me what exactly you are looking for and how you are comparing between Huaweii and E******* ? Share both formula and your methodology . Will try to support you .

Cheers

gunpowder
2016-04-16, 09:56 AM
I am using the same formula in Huawei (Number of UE activating Secondary Cell/Total Number of HSDPA UEs ) or (HSDPA Attempts on Secondary Cell/Total number of HSDPA Attempts) they gave approx the same results
for E// i' m using this E//DC Penetration = <pmSumMcSecActUes>/(<pmSumScAndMcActUes>) "almost same Def as Huawei
The problem that in E// the DC usage is much lower than Huawei and i can't figure exactly where is the problem noting that Subscribers profile and distribution are the same and DC license and configuration activated everywhere

also is the any parameters in E// controlling DC usage

electron
2016-04-16, 10:58 PM
I am using the same formula in Huawei (Number of UE activating Secondary Cell/Total Number of HSDPA UEs ) or (HSDPA Attempts on Secondary Cell/Total number of HSDPA Attempts) they gave approx the same results
for E// i' m using this E//DC Penetration = <pmSumMcSecActUes>/(<pmSumScAndMcActUes>) "almost same Def as Huawei
The problem that in E// the DC usage is much lower than Huawei and i can't figure exactly where is the problem noting that Subscribers profile and distribution are the same and DC license and configuration activated everywhere

also is the any parameters in E// controlling DC usage

Hi,

Please share E******* HSDPA MC activation configuration. Especially hscodeResource setting from RBS side along with steeredHsAllocation value. I will support you further.

Cheers

gunpowder
2016-04-17, 12:38 AM
I just activate the license and perform a cold Restart
i checked the value mentioned in your reply on sample of sites where MC activated
HsCodeResourceId 0
steeredHsAllocation false

Thanks

electron
2016-04-18, 04:12 AM
I just activate the license and perform a cold Restart
i checked the value mentioned in your reply on sample of sites where MC activated
HsCodeResourceId 0
steeredHsAllocation false

Thanks

Hi,

That is exactly the problem :-)

To make sure , Let's perform a drive test and observe how much percentage your HSDPA call is in dual carrier. Check and feedback.

Cheers

gunpowder
2016-04-18, 07:11 AM
Dear Electron,

DT on large cluster shows around 20-30% DC penetration but in Huawei still Higher