PDA

View Full Version : Cell Utilization over 400%

ChristopherAlbertini
2016-04-07, 10:11 PM
Hi All,
I am having a cell with 400% utilization ( Equipped erl/ Carried) considering 2% GoS with no blocking.
I have tried to check the utilization with 10% GoS, utilization is still over 200%. Wondering if the traffic figure is correct or collected traffic is wrong. Can anyone assist to understand?

Best Regards

CA

electron
2016-04-08, 09:34 PM
Hi All,
I am having a cell with 400% utilization ( Equipped erl/ Carried) considering 2% GoS with no blocking.
I have tried to check the utilization with 10% GoS, utilization is still over 200%. Wondering if the traffic figure is correct or collected traffic is wrong. Can anyone assist to understand?

Best Regards

CA

Hi,

If you considered PS service in your carrier erlang it may not show you hard blocking. It might be one of the reasons.

Cheers

Ghost78
2016-04-12, 05:08 PM
Hi;

Give your cell configuration, TRX number, SD cannels, CCCH channels, FPDCH and SPDCH, and the ammount of carried traffic in BH; I will do the calculation from my side.

B.R

shishio
2016-04-15, 01:51 AM
yes bro, this can happen in reality if the cell is highly optimized, it will carry many more time the rated 2% GOS traffic, this probably means the cell is using a TCH/AMR halfrate setting of 0 or 1 and can be commonly seen in cells of 4 TRX's or less. its not a too much of a problem as long as there is minimal TCH or SDCCH cong in the cell. try ans see if the number of TRX's on the cell can be expanded in order to improve cell kpi's and user experience.

bluep
2016-04-15, 11:01 AM
You should calculated from both Full Rate and Haftrate and AMR to get more cell capacity...
Could you pls share your Cell utilization about GPRS ?