PDA

View Full Version : Question SRB over HSDPA Drive Test

gunpowder
2016-03-29, 05:25 AM
Dears,

How to Detect that SRB over HSDPA is activated through Drive Test , is it possible or only NodeB Trace

wolverine
2016-03-29, 06:01 AM
A number of IE related to HSDPA will be present in the RRC Connection Setup. The easiest to look for will be an H-RNTI present at the beginning of the message.

gunpowder
2016-03-29, 07:12 AM
Dear @wolverine can u elaborate more what i can found about H-RNTI

electron
2016-03-29, 03:26 PM
Hi,

It is simple to benchmark feature affect via DT. Basically perform HSDPA call set up once without feature and once with feature activated and then evaluate call set up time . For sure with feature activated it will be meaningfully lesser.

There is another way also which normally is not required to be that much detailed.

Cheers

gunpowder
2016-03-29, 05:45 PM
Dear electron,

Is it possible to check it through TEMS Layer 3 messages or something, i need to validate that SRB over HSDPA is working on certain area not Before/After BM

electron
2016-03-29, 08:42 PM
Dear electron,

Is it possible to check it through TEMS Layer 3 messages or something, i need to validate that SRB over HSDPA is working on certain area not Before/After BM

Hi,

Yes it is possible , You need to refer to RRC Conection setup message in L3 in TEMS then open it and look at "DL-TransportChannelType-r5" and "UL-TransportChannelType", "ul-TrChType" elements . In case feature is OFF it takes "dch", "dch" values in both UL and DL direction and when it is ON it takes "hsdsch", "e-dch" values in DL direction. THere are some more info in L3 to distinguish the functionality but the explained one will be enough for your purpose. Hope it helps you

Cheers