PDA

View Full Version : Atoll 3.3 LTE carrier aggregation configuration_Urgent help needed pls

mohammed83
2016-03-16, 07:51 PM
Dears,
I am using Atoll 3.3 and I need to create a carrier aggregation scenario with 2 channels one with 20MHz bandwidth and the other with 10 MHz. For that, I need a detailed description of steps to do this configuration, if you can help me that would be awesome!
Remark : the Secondary Cell Activation threshold in "Default Cell Equipment" is not there! I added the line bellow in the Atoll.ini so that I can use carrier aggregation by group of cells (It gives me the possibility to gather cells that I want to use this feature on) but the problem is that before getting to that step I need to create a frequency band which supports the both Carrier Components of 100RB (20MHZ) and 50RB (10MHz) with Channel spacing and frequency spacing as defined in 3GPP TR 36833; but still I don't know which TDD frame config to use and how the RB are distributed and so i can define in Atoll the frequency blocs groups thas are used!
Please help is needed dear experts!!

sak2e
2016-03-16, 09:24 PM
First you need atoll v 3.3 or above which support CA feature.

You need to define :
1. 2 cells with different freq and bw
2. Activate PCel & Scel (cell table)
3. Setiing user profile to CA
4. Setting prediction (check list Pcel, Scel or all)

Dears,
I am using Atoll 3.2 and I need to create a carrier aggregation scenario with 2 channels one with 20MHz bandwidth and the other with 10 MHz. For that, I need a detailed description of steps to do this configuration, if you can help me that would be awesome!
Remark : the Secondary Cell Activation threshold in "Default Cell Equipment" is not there! I added the line bellow in the Atoll.ini so that I can use carrier aggregation by group of cells (It gives me the possibility to gather cells that I want to use this feature on) but the problem is that before getting to that step I need to create a frequency band which supports the both Carrier Components of 100RB (20MHZ) and 50RB (10MHz) with Channel spacing and frequency spacing as defined in 3GPP TR 36833; but still I don't know which TDD frame config to use and how the RB are distributed and so i can define in Atoll the frequency blocs groups thas are used!
Please help is needed dear experts!!

mohammed83
2016-03-17, 12:54 AM
Hello,
Thank you very much, in fact I am using Atoll 3.3 and that was a key error ! sorry for that!
In fact I am in a scenario of TDD Carrier Aggregation Class C which means in 2 Carrier components in intra band contiguous carrier aggregation! So defining 2 cells with different frequencies and bandwidths is likely in non contiguous CA scenario! (if I am wrong pls correct me)!
Is what you mean is to define 2 cells per sector in Station Template? each one in different layer? is that what you mean? please need more details! because I think that different layers could be used for hetregonous networks (HetNets) not in CA scenarios!
And what about the "Secondary Cell activation Threshold" which should exist in "Default Cell/UE equipment" parameters and I don't find in Atoll 3.3!

Actually : Updating my status => I found how to define 1 Frequency band according to TS 36.101 which groups all my aggregated bandwidth and in which I define my Channel spacing and Guard band, thus enabling me to define 2 CC intra band contiguous for my scenario first with 20MHz and second with 10MHz. the problem is I am still confused about the Delta f (subcarrier spacing) is it still 15KHz? and my new frame configuration should contain unused subcarriers as per the standard => how to say in Atoll that this group of subcarriers is unused??

Many thanx in advance for your precious help!

sak2e
2016-03-17, 08:21 PM
Hi below the detail hope can help you..

mohammed83
2016-03-17, 09:02 PM
Thank you dear,

This is indeed very helpful even if that I already predicted almost of these configs, but still need the way to activate the field "Secondary Cell Activation Threshold" in "Default Cell/UE equipment" and its estimation method, also I need help on Frequency band definition issue : the Sampling rate calculation for aggregated 2 CC bandwidth! (It is still confusing me how to calculate it for right definition of the frequency band).
Here is my upadte => I figured out the right definition as in my later post according to TS 36827-b00 but in the table bellow

CA Bandwidth Class C
RB_Start
L_CRB [RBs]
RB_start1 + L_CRB2 [RBs]
A-MPR for QPSK [dB]
A-MPR for 16QAM [dB]

50RB / 100 RB
0 – 44 and 105 – 149
>0
n/a
≤4dB
≤4dB

45 – 104
n/a
>105
≤3dB
≤4dB

75 RB / 75 RB
0 – 44 and 105 – 149
>0
n/a
≤4dB
≤4dB

45 – 104
n/a
>105
≤4dB
≤4dB

100 RB / 75 RB
0 – 49 and 125 – 174
>0
n/a
≤4dB
≤4dB

50 - 124
n/a
>125
≤3dB
≤4dB

100 RB / 100 RB
0 – 59 and 140 – 199
>0
n/a
≤3dB
≤4dB

60– 139
n/a
>140
≤3dB
≤4dB

NOTE 1: RB_start indicates the lowest RB index of transmitted resource blocks

NOTE 2: L_CRB is the length of a contiguous resource block allocation

NOTE 3: For intra-subframe frequency hopping which intersects regions, notes 1 and 2 apply on a per slot basis

NOTE 4: For intra-subframe frequency hopping which intersects regions, the larger A-MPR value may be applied for both slots in the subframe

the first line which is my case states that RB from 45 to 104 are not used (L_CRB : length of contiguous RB allocation = n/a) : is that what it means or have I misunderstood the whole thing? because if there is no contiguous allocation of RBs that are between 45 and 104 that means either allocation of those RBs is not contiguous (which is hard for me to understand how possible) or no allocation of those RBs at all!! please help!

THESE ARE MY ISSUES :) many thanks to everyone that can help!

Bassmajio
2016-05-12, 10:41 PM
Hello,
I am using Atoll 3.3
In fact I am in a scenario of FDD Carrier Aggregation Class. how to configure CA and how to display prediction of CA????