PDA

View Full Version : What about SON ! can we survive ?

abdelmaq
2016-02-23, 10:38 AM
Dears Experts,
can you share yours reflexions about SON ,and how it affect our carrer in Radio Network
as you know LTE is most based on SON , but apparently most of vender begin to use it also for other RATs .

attached simple survey on SON concepts of 8p article 2015

Thanks!

sak2e
2016-02-23, 11:59 AM
we already used SON as well, i felt that my work is become easier nowadays. Everything is automatically.
of course we can survive in 'SON' era since that algorithm need to be updated by Human resource

ticoff
2016-02-25, 04:38 AM
The introduction of SON could possibly reduce the number of of RF optimizations engineers needed in an mobile operation. In other words, many of us will not survive.

Darko
2016-02-28, 11:53 AM
I work with SON (Actix, E*******(optimi) etc.) and for now there is still need for RF optimization engineers, but this is shifting to such level where you will need to have very specialized knowledge. Long term, I personally don't see great future in RF optimization. This is why slowly shifted to another IT area. There are more and more companies out there with excellent products in SON domain. Most of the "good" work that has been done in past is slowly becoming extinct. But this is happening in all areas of industry. You even have McDonalds in US replacing workers with machines :) Future is all about automatization, generic algorithms an AI software. Yes, you need engineers to make all this crap but the "service" area (which Rf optimization is all about) is getting smaller.

sak2e
2016-02-28, 04:23 PM
should we start to learn C++,Java or some programmic laeanguage?
its difficult to learn that if i see my ID CARD (old AGE) :(

Darko
2016-02-28, 11:13 PM
Don't know what you mean by "old age" :) but I would say in general NO, it is never too late. It is just a matter of personal discipline.
Ofcourse, you need to estimate if the time you spend building a new skill will ever payoff.

perimedes
2016-02-29, 06:46 PM
Dear abdelmaq,

Quiet interested, but not enough credits to download it!

Would you be so kind to put it on nitroflare or somewhere analog?

ThanksĀ”

sak2e
2016-02-29, 10:20 PM
Don't know what you mean by "old age" :) but I would say in general NO, it is never too late. It is just a matter of personal discipline.
Ofcourse, you need to estimate if the time you spend building a new skill will ever payoff.

I mean im getting old nowadays :( . Learning programming leanguage will be difficult. yeah agreed with you, we need to estimate the fime for building a new skill