PDA

View Full Version : Question GSM to LTE reselection in dedicated mode

bob.Engineer
2016-02-10, 05:55 PM
Dear Experts,

Hello there, I have a question about reselection from GSM to LTE in dedicated mode.
As I know it doesn't need to have a neighbor plan to accomplish this reselection.
in other words, if the mobile having PS session camping on a 2G cell that doesn't have a 4G neighbor defined ( but it has 3G defined neighbors ) can this mobile be reselected to LTE without passing by 3G? and without defining the LTE neighbors, as a way of unloading 2G data users?

Thanks!

plannerguy
2016-02-26, 08:57 PM
Hi

possible, but should have redirection info .i.e which UARFCN to be scanned etc.

Rgds
Plannerguy

sak2e
2016-02-27, 09:37 AM
Dear Experts,

Hello there, I have a question about reselection from GSM to LTE in dedicated mode.
As I know it doesn't need to have a neighbor plan to accomplish this reselection.
in other words, if the mobile having PS session camping on a 2G cell that doesn't have a 4G neighbor defined ( but it has 3G defined neighbors ) can this mobile be reselected to LTE without passing by 3G? and without defining the LTE neighbors, as a way of unloading 2G data users?

Thanks!

Hi, its possible, in our test we did reselection from 2G to 4G directly

GrayDog
2016-02-27, 10:23 PM
I have the same situation. neighborly relations and have Gsm2Wcdma Gsm2Lte, some models of phones moving Gsm> Wcdma> Lte and some directly to G> L