PDA

View Full Version : RTN 380H eband product evaluation

ankarb
2016-02-09, 02:06 AM
RTN 380H is Huawei's new generation full outdoor E-Band microwave operating at 71 GHz to 86 GHz.
Can anyone give more info about it (data-sheet, ....)?

From Huawei's web site this new generation product has the following features:

Ultra-broadband, High Spectral Efficiency, Max 10 Gbit/s per Device

2000 MHz channel spacing, 128QAM modulation, and up to 10 Gbit/s throughput per device, meeting different backhaul requirements
Adaptive modulation (AM) and adaptive modulation and adaptive channel space (AMAC), which increase link capacity while assuring high availability of high-priority services
Ethernet Frame Header compression, further enhancing spectral efficiency and packet service throughput over the air interface

Complement to Fiber Networks, CPRI Backhaul for C-RAN

Providing the CPRI for carrying traffic from remote RRUs to the BBU
Supporting 1.25G, 2.5G, 5G and 10G CPRI interfaces
CPRI interoperable with base stations from different vendors, meeting varied scenario requirements

Easy deployment Easy OAM

Full outdoor architecture, allowing zero footprint installation
USB flash drive for commissioning and quick configuration, enabling plug and play on site, thereby lowering engineering costs and improving deployment efficiency
Wi-Fi maintenance port, allowing for contact-free maintenance, lowering maintenance costs
Software-based frequency tuning for all frequency bands, simplifying delivery

Comprehensive Ethernet Capability

Supporting E-Line or E-LAN services
Supporting 8-level QoS, empowering service-aware networks and guaranteeing the transmission quality of high-priority services
Supporting the link aggregation group (LAG) feature
Supporting ETH OAM, enabling SDH-like maintenance on IP networks and improving maintenance efficiency of microwave networks
Supporting Synchronous Ethernet and IEEE 1588v2, meeting the synchronization requirements of wireless and IP networks

simog72
2016-02-09, 02:49 AM
i report here my knowledge in standard form, i will update this post during further info collection

PTX : 18dBm (4QAM) 8dBm(256QAM)
MODULALTIONS :4QAM to 128QAM (with adaptive in modulation and Bandwidth)-256QAM
CAPACITY :10Gbps
BANDWIDTH :250/500/750/1000/1500/2000 MHz
#PORTS : 4 Port (2x10G+GbE+Combo)/CPRI uncopressed up to 10G (option 2 & 7)
SYNC : SyncEth , 1588V2 TC BC
THRESHOLDS :
MANAGEMENT :CLI,WEB,WIFI
POWER : POE or Dedicated(-48DC)
ANTENNA :0,2m-0,6m class3 or Flat class2 (proprietary)
SWITCH PLATFORM: ??
COSUMPTION: 80W
WEIGHTS: 7,8Kg
VOLUME:>320 mm x 265 mm x 95 mm
OTHER INFO: usable as part of super-dualband configuration (std frequency+eband), needs of proprietary POE source

ankarb
2016-06-22, 04:17 PM
Did you find more information? If so, please share with us ... ;)

simog72
2016-06-22, 05:36 PM
i updated some figures, please do the same if u collect informations

rm77
2016-06-22, 07:12 PM
hi ;
i want to add this feature which i think it's interesting:
AMAC:Adaptive modulation and adaptive channel space (AMAC) is a technology that automatically adjusts the working mode based on channel quality. AMAC includes the AM and AC functions.
please refer to the joined doc for more details about this features

simog72
2016-06-22, 07:45 PM
intresting BUT...

it was already reported
"MODULATIONS :4QAM to 128QAM (with adaptive in modulation and Bandwidth)-256QAM in roadmap"

:D

ankarb
2016-06-22, 10:07 PM
i report here my knowledge in standard form, i will update this post during further info collection

PTX : 18dBm (to be veryfied)
MODULALTIONS :4QAM to 128QAM (with adaptive in modulation and Bandwidth)-256QAM in roadmap
CAPACITY :10Gbps (uncompressed)
BANDWIDTH :250/500/750/2000 MHz + 1000MHz
#PORTS : 4 Port (2x10G+GbE+Combo)/CPRI uncopressed up to 10G (option 2 & 7)
SYNC : SyncEth , 1588V2 TC BC
THRESHOLDS :
MANAGEMENT :CLI,WEB,WIFI
POWER : POE or Dedicated(-48DC)
ANTENNA :0,2m-0,6m class3 or Flat class2 (proprietary)
SWITCH PLATFORM: ??
COSUMPTION: 90-95W
WEIGHTS: 7,8Kg
VOLUME:>7,6L
OTHER INFO: usable as part of super-dualband configuration (std frequency+eband), needs of proprietary POE source

Consumption is High!!! It seems that they have FPGA implementation for their Modem?

simog72
2016-06-22, 10:15 PM
it could be...this explain why they need a lot of iron (>7kg) to cool down the system

it is also possible that they start with FPGA then switch to asic

my informations are very fragmented

please help to collect!! :D

ankarb
2016-06-22, 10:30 PM
it could be...this explain why they need a lot of iron (>7kg) to cool down the system

it is also possible that they start with FPGA then switch to asic

my informations are very fragmented

please help to collect!! :D

Before the mentioned consumption, I thought that they use the Broadcom BCM85100 System-on-a-Chip (SoC).

Who finally use the BCM85100 if not HUA?

simog72
2016-06-22, 10:34 PM
NEC and maybe ERSS

i m just guessing , who knOWs :D

mdal21
2016-06-24, 04:31 PM
My guesswork is that HUA, ERSS, SIAE go with BCOM SoC not sure about NEC.

But we need to consider possible change of strategy if BCOM SoC cannot deliver according to specs :p

simog72
2016-06-25, 12:45 AM
the WIN position (maybe i have already said) is the position of the producers that are able not only to integrated a 3 part SOC but also to capability to design (in parallel ) his own system.
They benfit of a fast time to market but also to have a recovery path in case the "chain" is broken...
and also to have a better negotiazion position vs providers for prices

what about Intracom Mdal21, do you know what they are using?

My guesswork is that HUA, ERSS, SIAE go with BCOM SoC not sure about NEC.

But we need to consider possible change of strategy if BCOM SoC cannot deliver according to specs :p

mdal21
2016-06-28, 05:00 PM
Simog72 indeed the correct strategy for a vendor that has no internal solution (expertise) is to buy from the Market until when (and if) comes up with his own solution. A vendor that has available its own solution is always better off in any negotiation of that kind.

Let me complete me contribution concerning vendors, Intracom its own solution, Siklu its own solution as I think for NEC (as stated above). So in my score-board we have a tie!

simog72
2016-06-28, 05:28 PM
agree on Siklu (recently launched ETH2500 series) , disagree on NEC ..but only my opinion

disagree on strategy :D

anyway it was my fault , i reported "WIN Position is.." giving a generic judgement instead clarify that is a personal opinion
case by case could be different
so i understand yuor point, thank you to give me opportunity to better clarify and correct

Cost_Reducer
2016-07-10, 08:34 PM
Hi,

hi ;
i want to add this feature which i think it's interesting:
AMAC:Adaptive modulation and adaptive channel space (AMAC) is a technology that automatically adjusts the working mode based on channel quality. AMAC includes the AM and AC functions.
please refer to the joined doc for more details about this features

Can you please share the full Product Description of the Huawei E-Band RTN380, please?

Thx