PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors

justdream
2009-05-12, 06:08 PM
Could you please share with me some documents regarding Neighbors planning and strategy?

Klaus
2009-05-12, 07:23 PM
Could you please share with me some documents regarding Neighbors planning and strategy?

you know, different technology have different strategy.

RF engineer
2009-05-12, 09:24 PM
Strategy behind neighbor planning are
1- must not be more than 32 neighbor .
2-avoid CoBCCH-Co-BSIC.
BR

punto
2009-05-12, 11:33 PM
@ justdream

Please allow me to divide your question in 2 parts for all of us :

1) rule for - neighbor creating - in planning phase (not on air site)

2) rule for - sufficient neighbor deleting/optimization - in OnAir phase
(on air site, already have weekly statistics of HO success)

BR,
P:)

venom
2009-05-12, 11:54 PM
Strategy behind neighbor planning are
1- must not be more than 32 neighbor .
2-avoid CoBCCH-Co-BSIC.
BR

These are the limitations brother, not the strategy, most of the vendors can not take more than 32 neighbors and also they can not accept Co-BCCH and BSIC Neighbors !!

1. As earlier said you can divide your plan, my way of doing is that i always look for the morphology first, supposing your site is in URBAN morphology then you have enough neighbors to provide, usually the count should not be gr8er than 20 (with tier 1 Neighbors), It is just an estimate, with the tier 1 neighbors, You can do further analysis by taking the per-neighbor stats and then see the handover counts. Delete those neighbors having less than 5% Handover count !!

2. In Rural areas, neighbors are very important, the inter-site distance actually matters in it with the height is also an important factor. If you have planned the site then you should know what is the coverage area of the site, supposing the site is 45m Height and covering almost 12 Km then try to give 1 tier neighbors with approximately count not gr8er than 15. It is again just an estimate, too many neighbors can create problems in tight frequency resuse.

Important Note: Sometimes you have to look for the LAC boundaries, too many LAC updates can again create problems, if your site is having neighbors with different LACs then it is better to re-parent that site. This is not a neighbor strategy but an important factor when you are planning the site.

Note: All these above recommendations are based on GSM network, if you are working on UMTS then you have to plan GSM-GSM, UMTS-UMTS, and UMTS-GSM Neighbors, i haven't worked on UMTS before but i guess maximum neighbors for each technology is 30 in it.

justdream
2009-06-13, 02:24 AM
Neighbor list

Question: according to my information:

the information on which the hand-off decision is to be based comes from the mobile, but the decision is made by the network, ok!

Now what’s the role of Neighbor list?

Does it restrict the network to select one neighbor from the neighbors list and had-off to it and prevent it to hand-off to any other cell outside the neighbor list??????
Please explain as I got confused :hug:, thanks for all who tried to teach me and give me from his experience

kahnoie
2009-06-13, 03:04 AM
What do you mean by "avoid CoBCCH-Co-BSIC" and how do we avoid it?
And what is the best ay to go about manual frequency planning?

Regards,
Amit
agarwalamit081@gmail.com

venom
2009-06-13, 03:24 AM
What do you mean by "avoid CoBCCH-Co-BSIC" and how do we avoid it?
And what is the best ay to go about manual frequency planning?

Regards,
Amit
agarwalamit081@gmail.com

I dont understand your question honestly,

Avoiding means to prevent, and you can only prevent assigning Co-BCCH and BSIC neighbors. Most of the vendors don't accept Co-BCCH and BSIC neighbors so even if you have planned it, the BSS Database will never accept it.

If you are seeing a First Tier Neighbor having a Co-BCCH then SIMPLY change the frequency and make the neighbor, that is the planning brother :)

kahnoie
2009-06-13, 03:39 AM
You mean we must prevent interference from BCCH frequencies used?
For example: There must be no two same BCCH for a cell's neighbour
Did I get it right?

how about manual frequency planning? what is the best way to go about?

justdream
2009-06-14, 12:34 AM
Neighbor list

Question: according to my information:

the information on which the hand-off decision is to be based comes from the mobile, but the decision is made by the network, ok!

Now what’s the role of Neighbor list?

Does it restrict the network to select one neighbor from the neighbors list and had-off to it and prevent it to hand-off to any other cell outside the neighbor list??????
Please explain as I got confused :hug:, thanks for all who tried to teach me and give me from his experience

Please could you answer my simple questions,,,

venom
2009-06-14, 01:51 AM
You mean we must prevent interference from BCCH frequencies used?
For example: There must be no two same BCCH for a cell's neighbour
Did I get it right?

how about manual frequency planning? what is the best way to go about?

Brother you always prevent the interference, whether u define the neighbors or not, i guess i dont have to teach u the GSM basics !!

Manual Frequency Planning is advisable when u have to retune very few cells, if u have the cluster of cells then go for AFP !!

venom
2009-06-14, 06:01 PM

I dont understand ur question, all the handover decision is done by BTS, mobile only send the measurements to the BTS, and on that basis with the parameter settings it do the handover. Neighbor list gets updated periodically with the measurements !!

gprastomo
2009-06-15, 02:58 PM

My friens, read following docs, ok :)
Its too long to explain...
It is specific Siemens 2G, it could be the same/different with other vendors.

br
dont forget the reputation

justdream
2009-06-15, 06:32 PM
Thanks for gprastomo and Lccengr, but if
Neighbor list gets updated periodically with the measurements !!

so why we defien neighbour list, I read yesterday that MS doesn't measure ARFCN outside it's neighbor list so how come Neighbor list gets updated periodically with the measurements :confused:

gprastomo
2009-06-15, 06:38 PM

so why we defien neighbour list, I read yesterday that MS doesn't measure ARFCN outside it's neighbor list so how come Neighbor list gets updated periodically with the measurements :confused:

You created the neighbour list on the BSC database, then this neighbour list will send to the network as well as on the counter measurements. I think it is simple.

apollo13
2009-09-04, 02:16 AM

Hi Justdream, the whole thing is simple...

You create the neighbor list in the BSC ... so the BSC will request the MS to measure them.. The MS will measure and report the 6 strongest neighbors ( based in its signal strengh). That is why we say the Neighbor for HO purposes is dinamic (the 6 strongest), but the neighbor list remains the same as you planned in the BSC.

I hope I could put some light on it.

Regards,

des118
2010-04-20, 12:02 PM
Neighbour list is broadcast to MS on SA Channel in Connected Mode, in SACCH duration, MS report 6 strongest neighbour to BTS->BSC.