PDA

View Full Version : Question Can i reset DBS3900 lost password on BMPT card without loosing current configuration?

Sharista
2016-01-13, 08:49 PM
Dear everyone, I hope you all doing Well, Can i reset DBS3900 lost password on BMPT card without loosing its current configuration?

javierinfante
2016-01-15, 07:55 PM
hello:
in our network we dont have BMPT, we use the BSC6910 so all our sites have the UMPT.
For security issues we use to change the GSM BTS password regularly and in all network at once, so I think it will be the same in your case.
No impact at all.

Sharista
2016-01-16, 04:27 PM
hello:
in our network we dont have BMPT, we use the BSC6910 so all our sites have the UMPT.
For security issues we use to change the GSM BTS password regularly and in all network at once, so I think it will be the same in your case.
No impact at all.

Regardless of the fact that you mentioned that I can upload new configuration file remotely to any BTS i want,

This issue is different, because the bbu was working as a Wimax BS since 3 years ago, in addition that i wanted to see if huawei -in any way- have a procedure of resetting password without loosing configurations if you "Physically" access there hardware -like Cisco, Wichorus or some other Linux based IOS-.