PDA

View Full Version : RX_Branch_attenuation & CQI

paulus
2015-12-07, 11:12 AM
Hi all,

Please find attached my trial and my questions :)

I just curious about relation between setting attenuation in RXBranch NodeB with CQI distribution.

Hope smb can explain it.

Thanks
Br//Paul

RFoptimizer
2016-01-06, 08:42 PM
The result is logical, Rx attenuation attenuate the signal in Uplink and then RTWP.
If RTWP decrease so the load of Uplink decrease, this is why HSUPA throughput increase because it is based on scheduling algorithm to schedule throughput according to Uplink load that is configured generally 75% if this load is reached the HSUPA throughput is low that impact HSDPA since HSDPA is sensitive to Uplink TCP TACK.
The 75% UL load is exceed when RTWP beyond -98 (if Background noise is -103 dB).

gunpowder
2016-01-06, 10:49 PM
Dear Paulus,

Good results and share , did u find any drawback of attenuating RXBranch Signal strength like voice impacted and so on ?

justdream
2016-04-20, 09:55 AM
Dears,
correct me if Iam wrong, we use Attenuation in RX Branch Only
when TMA installed in site

mounir34
2016-06-30, 06:59 AM
@justdream I think so, if the no TMA is installed RxBRanch should be zero.

paulus
2016-08-11, 11:26 AM
@justdream I think so, if the no TMA is installed RxBRanch should be zero.

Hi Guys,

Yes correct. Actually, this RxBranch is blacklist parameter in Huawei. But, this really impact positively in UL THP. We usually apply this attenuation in picocell, instead of

macrocell. Believe it or not, it doesn't affect the DL RSCP based on drive test result. The negative impact is only that UL HSUPA payload decreased, seems that user in

edge coverage cell would be a little bit difficult to get UL access. But instead of viewing this disadvantage, coverage in picocell mostly in a good level as there should be

many antennas, and if this is implemented in macrocell, just make sure that the surrounding area is also covered by 3G sites.

Dear Gunpowder, I didn't find any drawback in voice at all. This work well till now. Moreover, this attenuation will improve RTWP, this of course will give improvement

also in accessibility. I mean like this. If the RTWP is -85, user with lower level,e.g -90 dBm, experience difficulty in accessing the network. When attenuation is set and

improve RTWP to -98 dBm, then that user, in the same position, can access the network easily.

Thanks
Br//Paul