PDA

View Full Version : Intra-frequency Reselection between cells with different priority

rosan
2015-10-26, 04:56 PM
Hi Guys,

Going through the 3GPP documentation it seems there is no way to give higher priority to a particular cell among set of intra frequency cells. Even if we set high reselection priority to a LTE cell it is not going to be taken effect because 3GPP treats all intra frequency cells with same priority.

Do you guys have any thoughts why 3GPP made it in that way.

Thanks.

linhhy
2015-10-29, 02:02 PM
intra-frequency means the same frequency, co-channel interference --> it'll not much benefit if you set higher priority to one cell over other cell because data network based on SINR, higher priority but lower SỈNR is no meaning.
Anyway you still can prefer to some cells by adding some offset to them.

electron
2015-10-29, 04:02 PM
Hi Guys,

Going through the 3GPP documentation it seems there is no way to give higher priority to a particular cell among set of intra frequency cells. Even if we set high reselection priority to a LTE cell it is not going to be taken effect because 3GPP treats all intra frequency cells with same priority.

Do you guys have any thoughts why 3GPP made it in that way.

Thanks.

Hi,

In E r i c s s o n there is a parameter per relation named selectionPriority for this purpose but as linhhy mentioned there would not be gain .

Cheers

rosan
2015-11-01, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys. My objective is not to set high priority from intra frequency perspective but wanted to ensure no harm by setting it interrms if inter frequency perspective. e.g. Setting different priority for L1800 cells with L2300 vs L1800 alone cells.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.