PDA

View Full Version : 3G Radio Network Optimization

k9_my2007
2009-05-05, 11:54 PM
Hi!

I'm a student in Telecommunication, and I'm making a report on "3G Radio Network Optimization", the problem is that i don't find a good tool for a simulation, cause we must do a simulation.

My Supervisor told me that i can work with the TEMS Investigation, but in my town, the NodBs are all disabled, and the BTS (2G) are still worked, so as you can see I can't do a drive test for the WCDMA network, so my supervisor told me that he can bring to me a "log file", but in this case, all what I can do is to analyse the results, and give some solutions (so it can't be considered as a simulation).
So, plz, have you got any idea, about any tool that I can use for my project. I don't want tools designed just for planning like atoll, but for optimizing.
Do you know any tools that can calculate for example the isolation for the co-existence between the GSM BTS and the WCDMA RBS ??? Thank's to you.

Or tools, designed for the capacity/coverage Optimization?

Or, does any body have a recorded video (with camtasia for example) for a drive test of the 3G network ??

Thank's for your help!

k9_my2007
2009-05-13, 10:21 PM
H!

Ok, no reply yet.

Somebody sent to me on pm that I can try Actix.

I've downloaded this tool from your forum, even the book : UMTS RF-prelunch Optimization process witch use the Actix tool for Optimizing.

Thank's to Wire free alliance!!!

But I still need drive test log files, RNC counters files from OMC-R and maps.

Could some body send to me such files please.

I'm sorry, but I've not much more time to complete my project with simulation.

Thank's for your help!

kais
2009-05-14, 12:11 AM
map to witch country ?

k9_my2007
2009-05-15, 01:28 AM
map to witch country ?

Thank's for your reply!

It will be verry nice if you can give me such files of my country "Algeria" ('Oran city' or 'Wahran City'). But, if it's impossible, you can give me any map you want with its drive test log file ...etc.

Thank's for you help!

RF engineer
2009-05-15, 05:27 AM
It is possible when you finish your report to share with us what you studied and what you suggest for 3G optimization
Hope you success

k9_my2007
2009-05-18, 07:42 AM
It is possible when you finish your report to share with us what you studied and what you suggest for 3G optimization
Hope you success

Yes, of course, but as you know, Teaching in Algeria Universities is in French, not in English.

therefor, no one replied me with somethink usefull -so sad-, and I think that post-processing tools (Tems, actix ...etc) are not usefull for simulation, may be there is a tool simulating the impact of pilot pollution on soft handover, or a tool simulating the congestion control??? does atoll do things like that???

About log-files ...
I have a WCDMA drive test log file (tems) but with an extension ".apt" not ".log", and I tried to open it with the Tems Investigation 9.1, but it couldn't.

Does any body know how can I open ".apt" files please ???

ullazusman
2009-05-18, 09:00 AM
Hello,

You can try using Aircom Enterprise (Asset 3G) , it does traffic analysis simulation using monte carlo simulations methods.

OPNET modeller is also another tool you can use for simulation and it's often the prefered tool used in academia.

U can find tutorials on both of these tools on this forum.

All the best mate!

k9_my2007
2009-05-18, 11:28 PM
Hello,

You can try using Aircom Enterprise (Asset 3G) , it does traffic analysis simulation using monte carlo simulations methods.

OPNET modeller is also another tool you can use for simulation and it's often the prefered tool used in academia.

U can find tutorials on both of these tools on this forum.

All the best mate!

Thank's to you, this is verry interresting.
But in my project, I havn't study the traffic optimization, even not modelling the traffic, because we are limited in the report page numbers.
what I studied is :
- The probleme of the co-existence between GSM and WCDMA.
- The Coverage and Capacity limitation and Optimisation.
- Congestion and Admission Control (regarding the capacity and regardless the traffic)
- The Optimisation of the gain of the soft handover, and how to mitigate the pilot pollution.
OPNET modeller is often prefered too in academia, but what I know is that it doesn't simulate the WCDMA Radio Interface, but the CS core network and the PS core network.

Thank you for your help.

Now, about the log file.APZ, it wasn't a tems drive test, but it was made by a certain ZTE tool, the tems investigation cannot read it, but the Actix tool accept the log file, but when I try to Add the file in the "Vertune" section it doesn't work.

I want to use the vertune section because they say : "Simulate the effect of antenna change on radio performance without redrive testing" that's so cool, and I hope it will work for me.

If some body can give me one tems log file, I think it will be sufficient for me.

Thank's for all the Wire free alliance members.

sonar_bangla
2009-05-27, 02:53 PM
HELLO MY FRNDS, I FACED A PROBLEM DURING 3g DRIVE TEST, when i start hsdpa test my data card/sim cannot select automatically carrieer 2 because carrier 2 is assigned for HSDPA and carrier 1 is assigned for call in a cell, how can i trigger aoutomatically two carrier two when a user start downloading big file....fyi, by using data card or for normal user they cannot lock the carrier by tems soft.

please help me if there is any parameters to tune to bar carrier1 during HSDPA?

menor
2009-09-09, 01:26 PM
Now, about the log file.APZ, it wasn't a tems drive test, but it was made by a certain ZTE tool, the tems investigation cannot read it, but the Actix tool accept the log file, but when I try to Add the file in the "Vertune" section it doesn't work.

I want to use the vertune section because they say : "Simulate the effect of antenna change on radio performance without redrive testing" that's so cool, and I hope it will work for me.

Did you really managed to use the Veritune? Would you tell me how to get the terrain database and antenna pattern database?
'Cause I've tried to use it, but unfortunately I didn't have those files so I never really able to use it.

For those files you needed, maybe you could PM some "master" in this forum, cause usually they're really helpful.

Sorry I can't help much with your problems.:D

phuc24
2009-09-17, 01:06 PM
I'm a student like you. I am doing my graduate project about " 3G KPI optimization". Because i have little exprience and profile about this scope. I believe you have more knowledge than me. So i want to contact with you to disscuss about 3G optimization. I want you give me your email and yahoo nick to easily contact. My email is phuctelecom2010@gmail.com. I hope i will have chance to talk with you. See you soon. Have fun.

fireincitadel
2010-01-20, 06:19 PM
could somebody help me use actix spotlight.... any video tutorials?

billaugust
2010-01-20, 07:26 PM
No so sure what your exact problem.

If you want to do some simulations, you need to turn to some simulation tools like atoll, asset etc. In this case, the drive test data is not mandatory (thus TEMS or ACTIX is not so useful for this problem), that's why you need 'simulator' to study the network performance and further optimization.

If you want to do some optimization based on the measurement data, from the academic point of view, you need to build your own optimization model to parsing the measurement data (driving test, mobile report or OMCR). Of course post-processing tools may give you some ideas of how you can design you own optimization methods.

Over all, either simulator or post-processing are just 'tools', it is good to design your own algorithms 'over' them instead of just 'use' them.

Here is a simulation tool (NPSW) for WCDMA (R99) from Nokia. It is a research tool with source code, you can either study or revise the algorithms (soft handover, congestion control etc.) of the system level simulation. In order to run it, you need to install Matlab (6.0+). It is not well written and quite out dated now, but hope it could be a good reference for you.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YV83OZB5

ahmedtaha
2010-07-14, 10:59 PM
thanhs for your program
if you have modfiy NPSW i mean conyin smart antenna and rebeater with planning
if you have it please send to me

ahmedtaha
2010-07-15, 02:56 PM
IF YOU HAVE MODFIY NPSW I MEAN CONTAIN SMART ANTENNA AND REBETAR....
OR HIGHER VERSION FOR NPSW
please send to me:)