PDA

View Full Version : Coverage Relation

uchok
2015-10-03, 09:15 PM
Hi,

I'm experiencing sites that start to have accessibility degradation in specific sector after coverage relation is created.
For example I created coverage relation site P (850MHz) with site Q (1900MHz).
Performance degraded after coverage relation is created but only happen in sector 3.
Could some one explain to me what are the requirements to create coverage relation.
It's E// network.

electron
2015-10-04, 03:52 AM
Hi,

I'm experiencing sites that start to have accessibility degradation in specific sector after coverage relation is created.
For example I created coverage relation site P (850MHz) with site Q (1900MHz).
Performance degraded after coverage relation is created but only happen in sector 3.
Could some one explain to me what are the requirements to create coverage relation.
It's E// network.

Hi,

One of Pre-request for coverage relation creation is 2 sector need to have same coverage footprints. In general always coverage relation will be created for different carriers of 1 sector. So as there is high pathloss between your sectors especially their frequency bands also are different it is most probably to happen. If it is no essential for your network try to remove it or else restrict coverage relation boundary with change of pathlossThrshold .

Cheers

uchok
2015-10-04, 09:12 AM
Hi Electron,

Thanks for the reply. I got info also from my friend.
He commented also the same like you, it needs to have same coverage footprints.
He said that the reason for Accessibility is due of RAB failure PS interactive, this counter increased when HSIFLS fail from source to target cell. When was defined the CoverageRelation start the problems. We need make the coverage of 850 & 1900 (Cpichpower / MaximumTransmissionPower / ET) almost the same. Currently it's not the same as you can see from below picture. I need to correct them and recreate again the coverage relation. Anyway once again thanks for the reply.

Hi,

One of Pre-request for coverage relation creation is 2 sector need to have same coverage footprints. In general always coverage relation will be created for different carriers of 1 sector. So as there is high pathloss between your sectors especially their frequency bands also are different it is most probably to happen. If it is no essential for your network try to remove it or else restrict coverage relation boundary with change of pathlossThrshold .

Cheers