PDA

View Full Version : Decoding Paging Message

Jinzzz
2015-09-15, 06:41 PM
I have a pretty basic question. Looking at the log files, I am investigating Blocked Calls where MT Device is not paged or probably did not respond. I see lots of Paging Messages but UE not responding may be because the Paging is not for him. But I want to see check every paging message to make sure who is it referring too ?

So what identifies the device in Paging Message. I see either it's TMSI/IMSI or SRNTI ? but where I can see what is TMSI or SRNTI of my device ? which message is it conveyed to the device that this is your TMSI or SRNTI.

Thanks for Reading.

plannerguy
2015-09-16, 11:34 PM
Hi

is there discarded paging in the cell area.

Rgds
Plannerguy

wolverine
2015-09-17, 09:34 PM
TMSI is provided to the the UE during Location Area Update. If you look into these messages you will find which one is given to the UE in question. UE also sends it to the RNC in the RRC Connection Request message.

SRNTI is provided by the RNC to the UE in the RRC Connection Setup message.

Jinzzz
2015-09-18, 07:22 PM
TMSI is provided to the the UE during Location Area Update. If you look into these messages you will find which one is given to the UE in question. UE also sends it to the RNC in the RRC Connection Request message.

SRNTI is provided by the RNC to the UE in the RRC Connection Setup message.

Thanks that's great help

@ plannerguy (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?7105-plannerguy) Yes we saw lot of deleted pages