PDA

View Full Version : Huawei 3G network End user throughput & Coverage issues

khaldounh
2015-09-06, 06:47 PM
Dears Expert

I have a project with an operator who having two issues in their Huawei 3G network, first one End user throughput, the second one is a Coverage issue.

Please if you have an guideline of how we troubleshoot such issues!

Thanks
Khaldounh

khaldounh
2015-09-07, 09:22 PM
I found a lot of docs in this forum, but anyone has a best practice in mentioned issues will be very good please!!!!!

khaldounh
2015-09-09, 04:05 AM
Anyone can share some info guys?????

linhhy
2015-09-09, 05:13 PM
Anyone can share some info guys?????
Normal way for everyone do like that:
use some simulation tool + Huawei tool to analyze pchr, mr log file to indicate some statistics about the coverage figure, terminal branch, capacity problems . After that base on target which is agree both side to discuss what is step.
Nowadays, with 3G, Huawei is always proposed 1 Mbps anytime and anywhere.

khaldounh
2015-09-09, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your reply, I already having some PCHR logs, can you provide/recommend what is the software I can read this logs with please! and will be great if you can guide me where I can find it in this forum.

Thanks
Khaldounh

Normal way for everyone do like that:
use some simulation tool + Huawei tool to analyze pchr, mr log file to indicate some statistics about the coverage figure, terminal branch, capacity problems . After that base on target which is agree both side to discuss what is step.
Nowadays, with 3G, Huawei is always proposed 1 Mbps anytime and anywhere.

zeezzoo
2015-09-09, 07:54 PM
I can give a reputation if anyone provide the installer and c*****r****k if needed for PCHR analyzer

khaldounh
2015-09-09, 09:11 PM
BTW, I need it for RAN14

@Zeezzoo I have it for RAN12 if you want?

sabila
2015-09-14, 01:35 PM
pchr can use FMA
the installer and medic are already in this forum
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?39178-Huawei-FMA-UMTS-3-8-1&highlight=PCHR+FMAA

atit
2015-10-01, 03:50 PM
Also FMA 3.8.3 is posted in our forum

pchr can use FMA
the installer and medic are already in this forum
http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?39178-Huawei-FMA-UMTS-3-8-1&highlight=PCHR+FMAA

khaldounh
2015-10-01, 07:46 PM
Do you know where we can find the installer at least boss ?

Also FMA 3.8.3 is posted in our forum

Jesterbean
2015-10-01, 09:20 PM
Hi khaldounh (http://www.finetopix.com/member.php?63111-khaldounh)

On this thread. However, they are looking for the 'PW' for file

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?42455-UMTS-FMA-V3-8-3-License&p=241392#post241392

Jesterbean

samuraial
2015-10-05, 09:34 PM
Throughput needs time to resolve, by first doing a UDP test to see if the air interface is OK.(interference may occur, congestion also)
Check quota data from billing side also.
Check default parameters also.
Core network needs to check for any limitation in RAB rate they send and you need to check the trace from RNC in "extended bit rate" to see the CN maximum data sent.
If UDP test is OK check RNC counters for transmission delays/packet drops/IPPM performance files and IUB.packetdrops on logical port(found at NodeB conters).

B/R

Dears Expert

I have a project with an operator who having two issues in their Huawei 3G network, first one End user throughput, the second one is a Coverage issue.

Thanks
Khaldounh

khurrambilal01
2015-10-08, 07:07 PM
Dears Expert

Thanks
Khaldounh

For coverage improvement there is not much you can do apart from Sector addition, Site redesigns or CPICH power increase (Trade off with cell capacity) or New sites.

For End user throughput enhancement, You need to check the network load, If the HSDPA traffic is high then you need to add more carriers or Split the cell in to two cells using modern Antennas with Dual beams. Also please check if CS traffic on 3G part is higher it would eat up your HSDPA codes and will affect User throughput.

Pls check the IuB interface capacity as well. Which Scheduler algorithm are you using for HSDPA?

javvadhaider
2015-11-22, 06:00 AM
What is the configured Max transmit power of cell in your network?

javvadhaider
2015-11-22, 06:02 AM
Also have you checked for high RTWP issue?

dext
2015-11-22, 12:40 PM
there can be multiple issues due ot which you are having these issues,
can you confirm are your cells congested ?
how much throughput per cell you are having ?
what is the current CPICH power being used ?
have you performed DT ? how many active sets you have in the required area ?
what is the RTWP values for the cells
how many carriers are you working with ?
what is your required throughput ?
is there a possibility to improve the network coverage via some RET or redesigns ?
if you have HSDPA , how many HS-SCCHs you have defined in your network ?

Br
Fahad.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you find the post useful kindly provide reputation point.