PDA

View Full Version : How to reduce 2G->3G reselection time in Huawei network

zilog_z80
2015-07-23, 05:20 PM
Hi,

2G to 3G reselection taking to much time. I have checked, that 2quater is received in 20~30 seconds after camped to 2G cell. If in this moment UE will make reselection to other 2G cell, then we will get extra 20-30 seconds to receive 2quater and if UE is reselecting between 2G cells, it will never make reselection to 3G cell. May be I need to reduce an amount of 3G neighbours, will it help? Maybe somebody is familiar with this problem? I have checked reselection time in other Operators network and there 2quater is received immediately, and reselection procedure is taking ~ 5 sec.

Thanks!

justdream
2015-07-23, 05:25 PM
Enable Fast 3G Reselection at 2G CS Call Release Feature

zilog_z80
2015-07-23, 05:37 PM
Thanks!
Fast Reselection after CS call is enabled, but I need to speedup reselection to 3G when UE is in IDLE.

TIGRI007
2015-07-23, 07:28 PM
Which mobile are you using? If using w995 will have delay In RAN 14.

zilog_z80
2015-07-23, 08:27 PM
TIGRI007,

I was making tests with different phones: BlackBerry, Sony Xperia, I95005... ~ 30 sec

RF engineer
2015-07-23, 10:34 PM
Which mobile are you using? If using w995 will have delay In RAN 14.

Dear

What is the cause for delay and have any best practise from Huawei in which RAN version they will solve.

BR

TIGRI007
2015-07-24, 12:14 AM
we had good performance for w995 in RAN12. After upgrade to RAN14 we faced the delay in idle and DATA for this phone. Also drop of Data session in 2G-3G PS handover for some kind of phones like S4 and Note3

asifhaider919
2015-07-24, 07:26 AM
Zilog I dont know the exact feature name for Huawei, but in Nokia there is feature Extended BCCH.

This feature brings more capacity to the SI2 quarter messages that are sent, and it also reduces the amount of SI2 quarter messages that are sent to mobile stations (MSs). Reducing the amount of SI2 quarter messages also reduces the time taken by the MS to read them. As a result of this, when the 3G/TD-SCDMA is deployed within the GSM/EDGE network, the MS takes lesser time for handovers and reselection to 3G.

linhhy
2015-07-24, 01:54 PM
Thanks!
Fast Reselection after CS call is enabled, but I need to speedup reselection to 3G when UE is in IDLE.
Cell reselection time 2G --> 3G depend on how long UE can read sys 2quater completely. Some UE can start measuring 3G cell as soon as read completely the first sys 2quater received, but not all UE can do that. To speed up this process you need to optimize number of 3G neighbor (for both number of neighbor and number of frequency neighbor). Look careful in your network how much neighbor and frequency can carry on sys 2quater, and optimize 3G neighbor list on 2G you can have significant improment.

zilog_z80
2015-07-24, 04:16 PM
Zilog I dont know the exact feature name for Huawei, but in Nokia there is feature Extended BCCH.

This feature brings more capacity to the SI2 quarter messages that are sent, and it also reduces the amount of SI2 quarter messages that are sent to mobile stations (MSs). Reducing the amount of SI2 quarter messages also reduces the time taken by the MS to read them. As a result of this, when the 3G/TD-SCDMA is deployed within the GSM/EDGE network, the MS takes lesser time for handovers and reselection to 3G.

Thank You asifhaider919!

In Huawei network Extended BCCH feature is also available with the same name - "2Quater Message Transmission Channel = BCCHNorm" in SET GCELLCCUTRANSYS.
Now in our network 2Quater is transmitted in BCCHNorm channel.
Don You know, can this feature have any negative impact?

justdream
2015-07-24, 11:50 PM

Dear,
How could I measure 2G-3G Idle reselection time before and after enable this feature?

TIGRI007
2015-07-25, 12:08 AM
Export from tems time of events Cell reselecton from Utran and cell reselection to utran in excel and calculate delay.

dacoder
2015-07-25, 12:33 AM
what about 3G-->2G reselection? Mobile keeps getting latched to 3G network even when the signal is very poor and 2G is relatively stronger.

thanks

asifhaider919
2015-07-25, 04:19 AM
Dear,
How could I measure 2G-3G Idle reselection time before and after enable this feature?

TIGRI007 already answered this.

Perform Idle mode drive test,
Either perform dynamic drive in area where there is weak 3G so that mobile keeps moving repeatedly to 2G. After the completing the DT pre-post of the feature measure the reselection time.
Or, you can lock the mobile to go to 2G and then unlock it and see how much time it take, this to be done pre-post of the feature.

asifhaider919
2015-07-25, 04:21 AM
what about 3G-->2G reselection? Mobile keeps getting latched to 3G network even when the signal is very poor and 2G is relatively stronger.

thanks

Check the reelection criteria from the 3G side, from 3G side there is minimum EcNo and RSCP criterias that until met will keep mobile in 3G.

asifhaider919
2015-07-25, 04:26 AM
Thank You asifhaider919!

In Huawei network Extended BCCH feature is also available with the same name - "2Quater Message Transmission Channel = BCCHNorm" in SET GCELLCCUTRANSYS.
Now in our network 2Quater is transmitted in BCCHNorm channel.
Don You know, can this feature have any negative impact?

Yes there is a negative impact. But only for cells where you have high traffic.

The enabling of feature reduces the capacity of your CCCH by 1. without the feature you have 9 CCCH (AGCH + PCH) in uncombined BCCH configuration. When you activate the feature you CCCH capacity is 8. So if the cell is highly loaded you may have Paging deletion or blocking on the AGCH.

The feature can be activated on selective cells which are not highly loaded.

You may also check from statistics the paging and AGCH load on the cells and then select the cells for the trial.

For checking the actual gain that the feature will bring you can activate it just on one cell and quantize the exact gain.

Currently I am going to test the feature, just waiting for the delivery of the license. After testing I would share the exact gain achieved and the +/- impact.

techfolkcmr
2015-07-25, 04:35 PM

thanks

Please go through the attached file. Rename the file inside with .ppt extension. Hope this might be useful to you to some extent

dacoder
2015-08-07, 12:38 PM
Please go through the attached file. Rename the file inside with .ppt extension. Hope this might be useful to you to some extent
good doc but it doesnt have 3G-->2G reselection/ handover parameter explanation

thanks

radio_network
2015-08-07, 01:32 PM
share any docs 3G-->2G reselection/ handover parameter
Huawei operator

linhhy
2015-08-07, 03:45 PM
share any docs 3G-->2G reselection/ handover parameter
Huawei operator

Here you are, handover in WCDMA

cpe2009
2015-08-15, 10:55 AM
Huawei network 4g f 1800

dacoder
2015-08-15, 11:40 AM
Here you are, handover in WCDMA
thanks but there's no signalling pictures in this html format. Could you provide the pdf version for the same?

linhhy
2015-08-15, 01:46 PM
thanks but there's no signalling pictures in this html format. Could you provide the pdf version for the same?

Sorry for any inconvenience. I tried to export with another method. Hope this one is better.