PDA

View Full Version : Question Buffer zone size between LTE area and GSM area

linhhy
2015-07-17, 12:43 PM
Hi guys,

I assume that I have 20 MHz on 1800 MHz. I'd to use 10 MHz for LTE.
Who can help me how to co-ordinate between LTE and GSM (sandwich or contiguous), and how to calculate the buffer zone between LTE area and GSM area.
Welcome good document sharing.
Thanks!

RF engineer
2015-07-17, 12:52 PM
Hi guys,

Who can help me how to co-ordinate between LTE and GSM (sandwich or contiguous), and how to calculate the buffer zone between LTE area and GSM area.
Thanks!

I believe as far as the rule of refarming is similar like between GSM900 and UMTS900 safe buffer zone is between 15-20 Km so it would be same for GSM1800 and LTE.

BR

linhhy
2015-07-17, 01:49 PM
I believe as far as the rule of refarming is similar like between GSM900 and UMTS900 safe buffer zone is between 15-20 Km so it would be same for GSM1800 and LTE.

BR
UMTS is wideband technology of course, and UMTS is very sensitive with UL interference. With how much noise rise increase you can suffered for UMTS UL interference, with some environments and propagation model you can calculate buffer size between GSM and UMTS. But in case LTE and GSM I think difference, but not so sure.
Thanks!

sabila
2015-07-23, 01:45 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks!

prefer sandwich if your freq between other operator
but if in at the end of allocation freq or front may u can use contiguous

for buffer zone with GSM i think no buffer because it's different freq

linhhy
2015-07-24, 02:13 PM
prefer sandwich if your freq between other operator
but if in at the end of allocation freq or front may u can use contiguous

for buffer zone with GSM i think no buffer because it's different freq

Thank for your advice. But my question is buffer zone for co-channel interference between LTE frequency and GSM frequency where GSM frequency is using at outsite area.

linhhy
2015-08-01, 03:29 PM
is there any expert can help me this question?

tharinduwije
2016-04-18, 05:56 AM
Hi what do you mean? The whole purpose of having a buffer zone is to isolate the two areas to reduce co interference.