PDA

View Full Version : UMTS - Maximum number of cells/frequencies to be monitored on other frequencies

esoestemp
2015-05-29, 12:50 AM
Hi All,

I need help in finding the answer of the question posted as a topic name.
In 3GPP I see the following definition:

"5.1.2.2.1.1 Maximum number of cells/frequencies to be monitored on other frequencies
The UE shall be capable of measuring the requested measurement quantity of at least [FFS] cells on a maximum of
[FFS] frequencies, different from the frequency currently used by the UE."

Then I found FFS means "for Futher Study".
So actually - how many Interfrequencies is able UE to measure?

Thanks!

Muhammad Imran Rafique
2015-06-16, 04:30 PM
Till now i mean current release it is just 2 more frequencies only, later there will be option of 5 frequencies.

EngSoft
2015-06-17, 12:57 AM
Confirmed , currently two Freq only can be monitored based on the SIB11 and MR information . with a max number of cell equal 32 in total (interfreq)

be careful that some vendor have parameters to select which base to be used like Huawei .. below is the way Huawei SIB11 and MC NBR selection:

The selection process of the neighbor into both SIB11 and MC massage is detailed below:

Idle Mode: In SIB11 , we can send 32 Intrafreq NBR + 32 IRAT NBR + 32 Interfreq NBR.

IntraFreq Ncell à selected in sequence by NPrioFlag & NPrio. If Nprio is the same, Ncell will to be selected randomly.
InterFreq Ncell à selected in sequence by follows:

IF Ncell with ((BlindHOFlag == TRUE) && (HOCovPrio == 1~3)) will be selected firstly.
Then IF Ncell with ((BlindHOFlag == TRUE) && (HOCovPrio ==0)) is selected.
Then IF Ncell with ((BlindHOFlag == FALSE) && (HOCovPrio == 1~3)) is selected.
Then IF Ncell with ((BlindHOFlag == FALSE) && (HOCovPrio ==0)) is selected.
If HOCovPrio is the same, Ncell will to be selected randomly.

Connection Mode: In MC , we can send 32 Intrafreq NBR + 32 IRAT NBR + 32 Interfreq NBR from two bands .

IntraFreq Ncell à selected in sequence by NPrioFlag & NPrio. If Nprio is the same, Ncell will to be selected randomly.
InterFreq Ncell à selected in sequence by follows:

First Select 2 frequency by using the HOCovPrio.
Then Interfreq NCell with these 2 frequency is selected in sequence by Nprio.

If HOCovPrio is the same, Ncell will to be selected randomly.
If Nprio is the same, Ncell will to be selected randomly.

MC: measurement control massage.