PDA

View Full Version : Question 2G/3G coverage limit

justdream
2015-04-17, 04:13 AM
Dears,

Kindly share all 2G/3G parameters and actions you have already tested for coverage limit in both accessibility & handover..

my objective is limiting coverage for special site designed to cover only top security place around 1 km

justdream
2015-08-04, 05:07 PM
Dears,

Any idea please !

gudubettin
2015-08-05, 03:02 PM
you can try lower value for "Max TA"

linhhy
2015-08-07, 12:17 AM
Dears,

Kindly share all 2G/3G parameters and actions you have already tested for coverage limit in both accessibility & handover..

my objective is limiting coverage for special site designed to cover only top security place around 1 km

In 2G network has timing advanced information, that show distance from BTS and MS, network can use it to control MS, I mean Max TA can use as reference for your purpose.
In 3G, propagation delay has the same meaning, but I never saw the network can use it to control accessibility or handover of UE. Hence I don't think have any parameters in 3G can prevent UE' accessibility in special area. But you can use "cell reserved" to prevent almost UE to access the network and only allows some classes UE, which need to define can access the network.

oussama85
2015-08-14, 07:47 AM
in 3G network you can try the parameter :Local Cell Radius

meaning;Indicates the radius of a local cell, affecting cell coverage. It is set according to the network plan. A small cell radius causes user access failure to some or all coverage under certain configuration

linhhy
2015-08-14, 11:55 AM
in 3G network you can try the parameter :Local Cell Radius

meaning;Indicates the radius of a local cell, affecting cell coverage. It is set according to the network plan. A small cell radius causes user access failure to some or all coverage under certain configuration

Thanks, I forgot. It's Local Cell Radius parameter in Huawei system and cell range in E// system. Both of them is NodeB parameter.

Defines the maximum range (in meters) for random access detection (random access distance). For soft handover the RBS adds a soft handover margin internally. Note that the actual cell range resolution is 3 chips, that is, around 234 m

plannerguy
2015-08-18, 07:14 PM
Hi

2g..u can try Rxlevelacessmin, sl, msMaxDistInCallSetup

Rgds
Plannerguy

justdream
2015-08-18, 08:13 PM
Hi

2g..u can try Rxlevelacessmin, sl, msMaxDistInCallSetup

Rgds
Plannerguy

Dear, what is SL
and what's the exact name and description of msMaxDistInCallSetup as I didn't find it in Huawei

almoqbali36
2015-11-19, 01:20 AM
I tried to enable msMaxDistInCallSetup but it is not working?
Is there any related parameters to activated?

juanpico
2015-11-19, 03:34 PM
For 2G, you may try ACCMIN
For 3G, how about adjusting the Local Cell Radius

Best Regards

juanpico

brianm
2015-11-19, 08:12 PM
How high is the antenna height? You can try and lower the height or increase the tilts to reduce footprint

javierinfante
2015-11-19, 09:40 PM
Hi:
I think you can also try to activate the platinium user class, it is based in the IMSI so you can give high priority to the Platinium users in that cells and very low priority for the gold, silver and bronce users, (it is based in the SPI weight), it doesn't allow the access to the cell to only platinium users 100% but unless there is a high congestion in the network only Platinium will be allowed to use the specific cell, if the SPI weight of normal users is very small they will be redirected to another cells.

juanpico
2015-11-22, 01:21 PM
You may also try to play with BSTXPWR value to lower it to 42 up to 38, same for BSPWRT/B

best regards

juanpico

Dears,

justdream
2016-04-05, 11:29 PM
Dears, based on your practical experience
is changing Local cell Radius really make a difference?