PDA

View Full Version : Question Unkown Error: Failed to start IP Sniifer

okkin04
2015-04-02, 09:23 PM
Hello, just need your help. im looking for a resolution for this error which I always encounter in TEMS 16. Error is "failed to start IP Sniffer". How i can resolve this issue? thanks in advance!

hp3hp3
2015-04-02, 10:07 PM
this manual will help u :

http://port135.com/2012/09/02/resolution-for-failed-to-start-ip-sniffer-error-on-tems-investigation/

IP sniffing is required to collect data that will become inputs for KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
KPIs are used for measuring user-preceived performance of CS (circuit-switched) and PS (packet-switched) services.
Examples for KPIs are data transfer time, attach failure ratio, network unavailability etc.

If your data collecting device is unable to perform IP sniffing, you can deactivate this feature to avoid the error above.
Resolution

Open the config file of TEMS Investigation. It generally stays in this directory: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascom\TEMS Products\TEMS Investigation\Application\Investigation.exe.config“
Change the parameters that you need in this line: “<dataServicesConfiguration ipSniffEnabled=”true” ignoreIPSniffError=”false” />“.
If you just want to ignore errors, set “ignoreIPSniffError” parameter to “true”.
If you want to disable IP sniffing, set “ipSniffEnabled” parameter to “false”.

Hello, just need your help. im looking for a resolution for this error which I always encounter in TEMS 16. Error is "failed to start IP Sniffer". How i can resolve this issue? thanks in advance!

okkin04
2015-04-02, 10:33 PM
Thank you, I saw this resolution for this error but I dont know how to implement it. is it ok to alter that parameter without compromising the data collected?

hp3hp3
2015-04-02, 10:36 PM
sure after u do this manual will solv your problem
this error happen for old phones like w995 and new tems like tems 16.x

Thank you, I saw this resolution for this error but I dont know how to implement it. is it ok to alter that parameter without compromising the data collected?

okkin04
2015-04-03, 01:27 AM
What do you mean by phobe? ive tried to alter it through notepad but I cant save it in the same directory. the format for it is cfg. How I will be able to change that configuration? Ty for your effort

hp3hp3
2015-04-03, 01:46 AM
old phone and new tems

close your tems before changing or copy file in other place and after do change copy and replace this

What do you mean by phobe? ive tried to alter it through notepad but I cant save it in the same directory. the format for it is cfg. How I will be able to change that configuration? Ty for your effort

okkin04
2015-04-03, 11:28 AM
Hi I changed the investigation.exe.config through notepad. I noticed the format is cfg. How I can edit that? Thank you

okkin04
2015-04-03, 12:05 PM
I could not save it. do you know how to change it?

anggar
2015-04-16, 04:56 AM
Dear All

Please use this, and hope can solve the sniffing problem.

- Just Copy paste to your Tems folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascom\TEMS Products\TEMS Investigation 16\Application
- Don't forget to backup your file Investigation.exe.config

Thank's

okkin04
2015-04-23, 08:48 AM
Would you mind sending this to me via email or 4shared? I could not download it. Thank you in advance. This will help a lot.

Dear All

- Just Copy paste to your Tems folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascom\TEMS Products\TEMS Investigation 16\Application

Thank's

okkin04
2015-04-28, 03:38 PM
Would you mind sending this to me via email or 4shared? I could not download it. Thank you in advance. This will help a lot.

by the way my email is jn.dalida@yahoo.com thanks!

techfolkcmr
2015-05-31, 12:27 AM
Dear All

Thank's

I tried this on Investigation 15.2 & it started to say NL (NO LICENSE) in devices connected. I revert the Settings back and works normally.

salimzgoum
2015-06-03, 12:24 AM
hi guys,
I'm novice here
could you please orient me how to can download files from the site