PDA

View Full Version : Original PS Drop call very High

nmtien1985
2015-03-23, 12:38 PM
Hi experts,
My network has very high PS drop call (Erisson vendor Release W12B) both R99 and HS. I check the reason drop: UE lost about 40% and Channel Switching fail about 20%. I try to change some parameter: dchRcLostT, hsDschRcLostT , rlFailureT, qQualMin... But It is not worth.
Please tell me how to improve PS drop call.

tharinduwije
2015-03-24, 12:28 AM
Did you check the RTWP levels in your network?

electron
2015-03-24, 04:21 AM
Hi experts,
My network has very high PS drop call (Erisson vendor Release W12B) both R99 and HS. I check the reason drop: UE lost about 40% and Channel Switching fail about 20%. I try to change some parameter: dchRcLostT, hsDschRcLostT , rlFailureT, qQualMin... But It is not worth.
Please tell me how to improve PS drop call.

Hi,

Please share your used formula for PS DCR and HS DCR along with channel switching parameter setting. I will share golden setting to reduce DCR .

Cheers

nmtien1985
2015-03-24, 10:47 AM
Hi!
Our network have UL RSSI about -104 dBm. I think it ok.

nmtien1985
2015-03-24, 11:21 AM
Hi Electron,
This is my PS DCR formula and Channel Switching parameter. Please tell me how to do with my network!
I hope you can help me to improve my network. Thank you!
Best Regards,
nmtien.

electron
2015-03-24, 02:48 PM
Hi Electron,
This is my PS DCR formula and Channel Switching parameter. Please tell me how to do with my network!
I hope you can help me to improve my network. Thank you!
Best Regards,
nmtien.

Hi,

Please let me know if URA PCH and Fast Dromancy handling is activated in your network or not ? IF it is not please make below changes and feedback:

ulRlcBufUpswitch=256
dlRlcBufUpswitch=256
downswitchTimerThreshold= 16
inactivityTimer= 10

Cheers

lihanbok
2015-03-24, 04:03 PM
Dear Electron,
Could you explain more about this parameter? Why we set these parameters?
Thank you so much!
Best Regards,
Lihanbok.

Hi,

Please let me know if URA PCH and Fast Dromancy handling is activated in your network or not ? IF it is not please make below changes and feedback:

ulRlcBufUpswitch=256
dlRlcBufUpswitch=256
inactivityTimer= 10

Cheers

electron
2015-03-24, 04:56 PM
Dear Electron,
Could you explain more about this parameter? Why we set these parameters?
Thank you so much!
Best Regards,
Lihanbok.

Hi,

The aim of these parameter changes is to reduce holding time for PS users while having activity in FACH and down switch them similarly. It is always matter of trade off and user perception considering latency. Default setting is not optimum any more(especially inactivityTimer=30) if taking account of smart phones. My live networks trial and demonstration shows this setting always gives gain and operators are happy applying it with no drawback(Just slightly MP load will increase due to more seldom switching which is not much considerable)

Cheers

ashuji83
2015-03-25, 12:04 AM
Dear Electron,

Can you please tell me if URA PCH and Fast Dormancy handling is activated in NW, What other parameters we can change to improve PS & HS Drop Rate.

Regards
Ashwin

electron
2015-03-25, 12:32 AM
Dear Electron,

Can you please tell me if URA PCH and Fast Dormancy handling is activated in NW, What other parameters we can change to improve PS & HS Drop Rate.

Regards
Ashwin

First of all PS DCR formula need to be modified after URA activation.

Cheers

nmtien1985
2015-03-25, 10:48 AM
Hi,

ulRlcBufUpswitch=256
dlRlcBufUpswitch=256
inactivityTimer= 10

Cheers

Dear Electron,
In my Network, there is using Fast Dormancy handling with temporary licence. I can change these parameters you recommend or not.
I don't know why you set downswitchTimerThreshold= 16 (my net work it set 0). Could you explain it for me?
Many thanks.
nmtien.

electron
2015-03-25, 03:32 PM
Dear Electron,
In my Network, there is using Fast Dormancy handling with temporary licence. I can change these parameters you recommend or not.
I don't know why you set downswitchTimerThreshold= 16 (my net work it set 0). Could you explain it for me?
Many thanks.
nmtien.

Hi,

It's because of chatty application and their buffer size effect.

U can change it there is no worry.

Cheers

nmtien1985
2015-03-25, 07:13 PM
Hi,

It's because of chatty application and their buffer size effect.

U can change it there is no worry.

Cheers

Dear Electron,
I have just apply these parameter in my Network. I will give you the result in few days.
Many thanks.
nmtien

ashuji83
2015-03-25, 07:31 PM
First of all PS DCR formula need to be modified after URA activation.

Cheers

Dear Electron,

I am not able to download above formula from the threats, Can you please share the formula, I will check and let you know.

Thanks.

nmtien1985
2015-03-30, 11:11 AM
Dear Electron,

I am not able to download above formula from the threats, Can you please share the formula, I will check and let you know.

Thanks.

Hi ashuji83!
You can download in this link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?e47f1v867sxfmpp

nmtien1985
2015-03-30, 11:21 AM
Dear Electron,
When I change these parameter in my network. DCR PS decreases from 1.3 to 1.2. These parameter is very power. But my target DCR PS is 1.0. How can I do to get my target? Can I chang this inactivityTimer=2, What will happen with Fach Channel?
BRs.
nmtien

electron
2015-03-30, 02:28 PM
Dear Electron,
When I change these parameter in my network. DCR PS decreases from 1.3 to 1.2. These parameter is very power. But my target DCR PS is 1.0. How can I do to get my target? Can I chang this inactivityTimer=2, What will happen with Fach Channel?
BRs.
nmtien

Hi,

What is current inactivityTimer value ? (10 is OK to be set)

Cheers

nmtien1985
2015-03-30, 03:13 PM
Hi,

What is current inactivityTimer value ? (2 is OK to be set)

Cheers

Hi electron,
Now I set inactivityTimer=10 as your recommend.

electron
2015-03-31, 03:06 AM
Hi electron,
Now I set inactivityTimer=10 as your recommend.

Hi,

You will get result hopefully. Please share the trend after change

Cheers

nmtien1985
2015-03-31, 11:11 AM
Hi,

You will get result hopefully. Please share the trend after change

Cheers

Dear Electron,
When I change inactivityTimer=2, PS DCR go down below 1.0, I get my target. This timer is very helpful. But RRC PS request and MP load increase a little.
Thanks for your help!
nmtien.

electron
2015-04-01, 01:30 AM
Dear Electron,
When I change inactivityTimer=2, PS DCR go down below 1.0, I get my target. This timer is very helpful. But RRC PS request and MP load increase a little.
Thanks for your help!
nmtien.

Hi,

I hope you changed it from 30 to 10 right?!! Surely RRC Attempt will increase as more seldom you are sending Ue to Idle . But it is not such big issue, What happened to UL RSSI trend?
Pleasure to help you .

Cheers

nmtien1985
2015-04-01, 10:33 AM
Hi,

I hope you changed it from 30 to 10 right?!! Surely RRC Attempt will increase as more seldom you are sending Ue to Idle . But it is not such big issue, What happened to UL RSSI trend?
Pleasure to help you .

Cheers

Dear Electron,
UL RSSI is not change. The value is -104dBm.

electron
2015-04-01, 04:40 PM
Dear Electron,
UL RSSI is not change. The value is -104dBm.
Hi,

Great, You may keep it as it is with no harm and roll it out in regional level as second step later on you can go ahead with network level change.

Cheers

nmtien1985
2015-04-06, 04:13 PM
Hi,

Great, You may keep it as it is with no harm and roll it out in regional level as second step later on you can go ahead with network level change.

Cheers

Dear Electron,
In my network, Drop call PS due to UE lost so much. Could you tell me some your experiments to solve this problem?
Brs.
nmtien.

electron
2015-04-07, 12:58 AM
Dear Electron,
In my network, Drop call PS due to UE lost so much. Could you tell me some your experiments to solve this problem?
Brs.
nmtien.

Hi,

Please open another thread and explain more ans share trend or counters you are using to drill down for you .

Cheers