PDA

View Full Version : Question Need your LTE Drive Test Experience

DANORM
2015-02-27, 05:36 AM
Hello

So in general in LTE network need to test Download, Upload and CSFB. So my question is > for example how you test LTE network?

- Do you use one terminal for download and upload and one terminal for CSFB or 3 terminal for all service test?
- Also how you test CSFB or some of you almost don't test it?

Thanks

DJ Download
2015-02-28, 06:52 AM
Hi Dancestorm,

The scenario you mentioned with 1 UE does alternating DL/UL and another one CSFB. I did with similar setup, except I included ping in between DL and UL.
Make sure that the file size is not too big, especially for UL otherwise you wont get enough sample due to too long UL time.

If you want to use 3 terminals make sure the data collector software is not crashing, if you use a scanner as well on top of that it may be too much particularly if you use TEMS Inv. But i may be wrong, maybe it will work since i havent tried the 3 UE scenario. Let me know if the UE scenario works well in your measurement.

Cheers

DJ Download
2015-02-28, 07:10 AM
Sorry forgot to answer the CSFB part. For CSFB test you can test it with short calls, e.g. between 5-10 seconds than hangup. As long as you already hear the alerting tone then it is sufficient. Be aware if Fast Return to LTE functionality is not activated in 3G then the cell reselection back to LTE can be tough and take a bit of time.

jayk
2015-04-07, 12:21 AM
We use data cards for Throughput Test and UE for CSFB Test. So UE1 and Data Card and UE 2 is for CSFB. Simultaneous Testing of DL/UL Throughput is possible with data card but average throughput values are lower.

TIGRI007
2015-08-13, 06:52 AM
Is there a way to simulate the network handovers (PS/CSFB) for cases when network priority don't allow.
for example how to test PS handover from LTE to 2G (nework priority for PS is LTE) the only way we know is to find low LTS signal so the handover will be triggered for coverage parameters. is there a simple way to test these handovers?

DANORM
2015-08-13, 02:10 PM
Is there a way to simulate the network handovers (PS/CSFB) for cases when network priority don't allow.
for example how to test PS handover from LTE to 2G (nework priority for PS is LTE) the only way we know is to find low LTS signal so the handover will be triggered for coverage parameters. is there a simple way to test these handovers?

I think no other way.

TIGRI007
2015-08-13, 02:54 PM
For 3G we use cell lock to trigger 3G-2G handover or Jammer only for 3G. is there any function like this in LTE?

hieuphong
2015-08-27, 02:52 AM
Hi eveyone,
Now, I want to test LTE network with Nemo but I don't know how to it? Please tell me the test cases, procedures, services need to test. Thank all!

DJ Download
2015-08-27, 05:09 PM
Could you be more specific in what you need? Do you need the manual on how to use Nemo or do you need to write the test plan / test use cases?

Hi eveyone,
Now, I want to test LTE network with Nemo but I don't know how to it? Please tell me the test cases, procedures, services need to test. Thank all!

hieuphong
2015-08-27, 06:18 PM
Could you be more specific in what you need? Do you need the manual on how to use Nemo or do you need to write the test plan / test use cases?
Hi bro,
I want to you write the test pan/ test use cases for measurement LTE performance ( data, voice.......)
Thank!

kamy
2015-08-28, 01:12 AM
Hi bro,
I want to you write the test pan/ test use cases for measurement LTE performance ( data, voice.......)
Thank!

be active, import an LTE logfile and export a LTE acceptance report (for performance), for test plan ---> search our 4rum

Jinzzz
2015-09-15, 07:43 PM
Hello

So in general in LTE network need to test Download, Upload and CSFB. So my question is > for example how you test LTE network?

- Do you use one terminal for download and upload and one terminal for CSFB or 3 terminal for all service test?
- Also how you test CSFB or some of you almost don't test it?

Thanks

To your original question, we used Data Cards for Data Throughput and for CSFB, 1 Device MO & 2nd Device MT to ensure we seeing success on both ends. As when LTE/VoLte launched, we noticed sometimes multiple issues on MT end like missing paging in 3G, or Attach Rejections etc. And 45 Seconds Call with 30 Seconds delay.

DJ Download
2015-09-21, 06:58 PM
You can use either data card or normal phone, it doesnt matter so much anymore.

I normally use 1 scanner, 1 UE for DL/UL data test and 1 UE for CSFB MO and MT. Depending how much samples do you need you can also separate the DL and UL UE or MO and MT CSFB UE.