PDA

View Full Version : DT Tools

070057r
2015-02-12, 01:06 AM
Dear Experts,

Can any one share the experience of using rhode & schwarz DT tools vs Ascom products.

D33T0X
2015-02-14, 09:19 PM
Hi,

I am using both R&S and Ascom products for drive testing.
R&S - expensive, quite reliable but their support is a disaster. As well they are quite rigid. The tools are a nightmare to order as you need to exactly specify which options should be licensed to you.
Response/delivery/reparation times are very long. As well they didn't move away from USB dongles which occupies unnecessary one of your USB ports.
Configuring R&S user equipment is not user friendly and their manuals are sometimes not good enough leading to you buying a training course from them.
However once you got used to the equipment your life becomes pretty easy - until you need to upgrade :o)

ASCOM - they had a "buggy" period but they're getting better now. Tools are user friendly, easy to configure. Their support is more relaxed but I had issues with their level of knowledge (sometimes they speak out of their butts). They're way cheaper than R&S and have much better delivery/response/repair times. Licenses are not physically linked to a device but are software based, easy to move them across your organisation (between different countries, locations and so on). Be careful if you order from them and ask them to specify the computer to be used with their software (separate graphic card is needed and many other things).

I don't have to choose between them as my clients dictate what to be used. However if I had to choose I guess it would be project specific, can't really make a general statement here (both have pros and contras).

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,

D33T0X