PDA

View Full Version : Radio planning tracker in excel

Lesmana
2014-10-02, 10:29 PM
Dear RF experts,

Would u please share ur suggestion or any format to manage the RF site database in excel
By most efficient way. Its just a rf tracker consisting the radio related cell wise planning data .
I think every operator or vendor posses such tracker for their internal us in excel. It can be prepare
Simply in excel but very useful for the day to tasks of rf engineers. There will be info of all on air sites
Including the information of planned sites,on going survey candidates,etc..

I need to find out the most efficient way to manage these data for gsm,dcsand 3g in a single excel file.
By using different filter in excel, we can instantly prepare our required tab from the tracker.
i think no need to explain its necessity/usefulness to any rf engineer.

Your suggestion will help us to buit the most effective tracker to ease our regular daily works.

Thanks to all

070057r
2014-10-03, 12:45 AM
Hi Lesmana,

If u have lot of engineers working, and do azimuth and tilt changes frequently suggest not to go with excel. Try to make a small mysql database with a web portal as every one can access to the central database.

Lesmana
2014-10-05, 06:48 PM
Dear Brother,

Please check your inbox and eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thank you

Hi Lesmana,

If u have lot of engineers working, and do azimuth and tilt changes frequently suggest not to go with excel. Try to make a small mysql database with a web portal as every one can access to the central database.

captain_jejemon
2014-10-05, 07:29 PM
I suggest to have your tracker based from your planning tools import data.
It will help for easy file import when you are using the planning tools.

primig
2014-10-25, 01:00 PM
like this excel attached?

Excel is great because regardless of how well the planning tool handles data bases etc., usually the project managers, partners,riggers, installers etc will eventually need some sort of excel list, even if its just as an overview.

If this is not good enough, I will post a better one if I find it