PDA

View Full Version : POOR CS & PS IRAT HUAWEI

samcooldude1430
2014-09-17, 10:57 PM
Dear Experts,

I need your help to improve the CS and PS IRAT Success rate. 3G vendor is Huawei and 2G is E*******.

Major Reasons for HO failure:-

 VS.IRATHO.FailOutCS.NoReply
 VS.IRATHO.FailOutCS.Other
 IRATHO.FailOutCS.PhyChFail

Please help me.

rumy
2014-09-17, 11:14 PM
Hi ,
what is your IRAT HO SR % ? From the experience you may have various scenarios when IRAT HO is down and can be due:
- Faulty GSM
- Congested GSM
- Wrong BSIC config (IRAT neighbours from UTRAN are not well defined)
- No GSM coverage

Try to spot on which one of the above is making trouble and see if you can fix it.
What is the HLD in your network? U2100->GSM900?

Cheers!

captain_jejemon
2014-09-17, 11:48 PM
Check first if the 2g neighbors parameters like CI BCCH BSIC are properly defined in RNC.

samcooldude1430
2014-09-18, 12:11 AM
Hi ,
what is your IRAT HO SR % ? From the experience you may have various scenarios when IRAT HO is down and can be due:
- Faulty GSM
- Congested GSM
- Wrong BSIC config (IRAT neighbours from UTRAN are not well defined)
- No GSM coverage

Try to spot on which one of the above is making trouble and see if you can fix it.
What is the HLD in your network? U2100->GSM900?

Cheers!

First of all like to thank you for your reply...(We have UMTS at 2100 and GSM at 900 and 1800 both), We dont use HCS.... IRAT 85% Cells meeting IRAT Success Rate 97% during busy hours :( Will check ur suggestion one by one ...
First of all I am only concentrating on CS IRAT....Thanks

samcooldude1430
2014-09-18, 12:12 AM
Check first if the 2g neighbors parameters like CI BCCH BSIC are properly defined in RNC.

Sure I will check these and get back to you... Thanks very much

srilasitha
2014-09-19, 07:54 PM
Locating both 2G & 3G in same MSC improves IRAT CS performance

for PS colocate in same SGSN

samcooldude1430
2014-09-19, 10:01 PM
Hi Srilasitha, Thanks for your comment... Yes we have 2G & 3G under different MSC .... Do you have any docs/stats supporting this fact..... The reason I am asking as this would require rehoming activities we need customer approval for the same. So please if you can help me with some supporting docs it would be of great help....Thanks

Locating both 2G & 3G in same MSC improves IRAT CS performance

for PS colocate in same SGSN