PDA

View Full Version : PLANNING AND DEPLOYMENT LTE NETWORK

zeldalcl
2014-09-05, 11:06 AM
Dear Experts!
I hope you have happy times so much.
I'm studying about how to deploy a new LTE network coexit with current networks and have some question coudn't answer, please help me:
1. What are difference between 3G and 4G Planning?
2. Should i use the Dualband, Triband Antena for sharing 2G,3G and 4G when we deploy 4G. If we use it what are critical requirements about theory, practice and experiens?
3. what about the popularity of using antenadual band when operators deploy 4G Network in the world.

Thank you very much.

Philippe
2014-09-05, 05:57 PM
Dear Experts!
I hope you have happy times so much.
I'm studying about how to deploy a new LTE network coexit with current networks and have some question coudn't answer, please help me:
1. What are difference between 3G and 4G Planning?
2. Should i use the Dualband, Triband Antena for sharing 2G,3G and 4G when we deploy 4G. If we use it what are critical requirements about theory, practice and experiens?
3. what about the popularity of using antenadual band when operators deploy 4G Network in the world.

Thank you very much.

1. Link budgets are of course different so not same coverage and depending a lot on the frequency band allocated to 4G vs the one you got for 3G. So depending on scenario, you need to check what LTE coverage you have if you 1 to 1 site reuse.
2. This depends if you have enough place for separated LTE-dedicated antennas. If Dual or triple band antennas, you will have same azimuths for the different systems, same mechanical tilts but you can have different electrical tilts and do differentiate the tilt optimization between systems. Take also into considerations the MIMO scheme you can afford with the possible antennas (MIMO 2 is possible with crosspolar antenna)
3. When introducing LTE, many operators upgraded their antenna systems (depending on current antenna configuration and remaining space, reducing the visual impact of adding more and more antennas which can be problematic in some european cities for example).