PDA

View Full Version : Question CPS password manager.

jandri0309
2014-09-05, 07:08 AM
Hi everyone.

I am new to tetra programming and just installed tetra depot CPS plus on my pc. I am trying to unlock/read the password for one of my codeplugs.

Is there any way to do that in this program? or do i need a different program to read the password? It´s a MTP850 Radio.

Also, if anyone is willing to share with me the software to program my old ******** MTP700, i would be very grateful because like many others, i have to few rep´s to download stuff on this site.

regards Johannes.

motorolatrbo
2014-09-05, 08:10 AM
You need codeplug password recovery tool. Made by a guy called ivo baradic. It has been posted many times before on here , I have it but no code to register it. And it does not work on windows 7 or 8 so even if I gave it to you it's totally useless but there is a way of getting the codeplug by using hex editors and looking at the code. Or just simply make a new codeplug and overwrite it.

I may so have mtp7000 software I will have to check as not sure on that one

jandri0309
2014-09-05, 05:08 PM
Tnx for the quick reply ********trbo, as always you come to the rescue :)

I will take a look at HEX editors and try to figure out the code. I think i have reading something about hex on this forum.
If i was running win XP, would the recovery tool work?

cheers.

kondoros
2014-09-05, 05:12 PM
Hi all,
I also need to bring back to life and program my old ******** MTP700.
Dear ********trbo please find the MTP700 software !

PS Reputation is always welcomed :)
I need two more points to become a normal member of this great forum !

motorolatrbo
2014-09-05, 07:00 PM
Yes the tool works with windows xp, and it will show the first 2 characters of the pass, but like I say its not a registered version
http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZbtU4Hbtba/CODE_PLUG_PASSWORD_RECOVERY_CP.html

Tnx for the quick reply ********trbo, as always you come to the rescue :)

I will take a look at HEX editors and try to figure out the code. I think i have reading something about hex on this forum.
If i was running win XP, would the recovery tool work?

cheers.

motorolatrbo
2014-09-05, 07:02 PM
Do you know which version of cps you need for the MTP700, as I don't know and it will help me locate it if I know what im looking for as have too much software

jandri0309
2014-09-05, 07:29 PM
Hmm, not sure.

But the radio´s FW is R03.000.3357! Will that help?

kondoros
2014-09-06, 05:12 AM
Tetra Software Release MR3.1.6E for MTM700 and MTP700 - Dec 18, 2009
will do the job.

Thanks !

aqrabawi007
2015-01-06, 05:10 PM
The password is used to protect the codeplug content only not the radio, you will be not able to read the radio, but you will be able to write a new codeplug from another radio, use radio copy wizard in the CPS, i have done the same scenario several time.