PDA

View Full Version : UMTS Cell Breathing

peanut
2014-08-15, 11:04 PM
Dears,

Could you please help me answer the following question:

it's well known that the more cell is loaded, the more it's coverage shrink this is what we describe by cell breathing

the question is: Does the RSCP decrease for a given user, when the cell become more and more loaded?

If I'm doing a drive test, should I expect to have different RSCP depending on the load of the cell?

Thanks for your comments.

Mdaf
2014-08-16, 05:21 AM
Dears,

it's well known that the more cell is loaded, the more it's coverage shrink this is what we describe by cell breathing

the question is: Does the RSCP decrease for a given user, when the cell become more and more loaded?

If I'm doing a drive test, should I expect to have different RSCP depending on the load of the cell?

no, RSCP is fixed it's the cpich power. RSSI is the one that change according to the cell load.

wolverine
2014-08-16, 07:49 PM
The answer above is correct. RSCP losses are irrespective of load and only subject to pathloss. RSSI will change however and by definition Ec/N0.

patek1968
2014-08-18, 11:36 AM
Dears,

Hi mate, might aswell wanna visit this thread as it was posted several years ago. =)

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?15949-Cell-Breathing