PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Is it possible to enable virtual loading in NSN LTE base stations

Femto_Engineer
2014-08-11, 06:40 PM
Hi,

A colleague of mine is doing some measurements on a single LTE base stations (for research purpose). The system configuration is as following:
- Single NSN Flexi-Base station serving three cells (three different PCIs each assigned to different Remote Radio Head units).

He is studying the impact of cell loading on the LTE throughput performance with different network configurations. Is there any way that he could generate a 'Virtual load' in other cells, so that the level of interference, from those cells, increase at the serving (or measured) cell.

- One way is to have plenty of LTE terminals in each cell, which is very costly, and funding is the main constraint.

- I found over here (http://www.fiercewireless.com/europe/story/nsn-demos-100mbps-lte-75km-range/2010-06-18), that some of the network vendors are able to generate artificial load in the network. I am assuming that the base station is able to fill in the subcarriers (of the other cells) with some random data, to generate the cell load in other cells and hence cause interference???

- What other methods can be utilized for generating or imitating a cell load?? Will increasing the power of the control channels in other cells, accomplish this?

Your expert suggestions will be highly appreciated.