PDA

View Full Version : Original Please please help i get lot of confused

Biku
2014-08-07, 07:05 PM
ACCH Multi-Frames This parameter determines whether an uplink radio link is faulty. Each time the BTS fails to decode the measurement report on the SACCH from the MS, the counter decreases by 1. Each time the BTS successfully decodes the measurement report on the SACCH, the counter increases by 2. When the value of this counter is 0, the BTS regards the radio link as faulty. In the traffic measurement, if there are many call drops (M3101A) related to radio link failure, you can infer that the radio propagation conditions are poor. In this case, you can set this parameter to a greater value.

RXLEV_ACCESS_MIN This parameter specifies the minimum receive level of an MS to access the BSS. If this parameter is set to a too small value, some MSs with low receive levels may access the network and call drops are likely to occur. You can set this parameter to a great value to reduce the TCH call drop rate. The counters such as call setup success rate and the counters related to traffic volume, however, are accordingly affected.
4. RACH Min.Access Level This parameter determines whether an MS can access the network over the RACH. If this parameter is set to a too small value, some MSs with low signal levels may access the network and call drops are likely to occur. You can set this parameter to a great value to reduce the TCH call drop rate. The counters such as call setup success rate and paging success rate, however, are affected.
5. Min DL Power on HO Candidate Cell and Min Access Level Offset The sum of the values of the two parameters specifies the minimum downlink receive level of a candidate neighboring cell for a handover. If this parameter is set to a too great value, some desired cells may be excluded from the candidate cells; if this parameter is set to a too small value, an unwanted cell may become the candidate cell. Both conditions may lead to the increase of call
drops.

So i want to know on what basis we can change this value. To change default value of this parameter we have to do drive test or we have to try hidden and trial method. So i need suggestion how to change this default value. IS there any procedure

peanut
2014-08-08, 07:01 AM
Dear,

The optimisation is a tunning process, that's mean you change the parameter and monitor the statistics then adjust the change or revert back acording to results

I used to change such parameter by a step of 2 until finding the most suitable value.

Best regards,

hoangtuna
2014-08-08, 11:05 AM
Dear,

The optimisation is a tunning process, that's mean you change the parameter and monitor the statistics then adjust the change or revert back acording to results

I used to change such parameter by a step of 2 until finding the most suitable value.

Best regards,

I think that is right idea.

Beside, each parameter has good and bad affect to users and KPIs. You have to change parameters many time to find which is the best value. The values depents on terrain, position, purpose of cell coverage...