PDA

View Full Version : RF and BAseband Hopping Question

chronix_ray
2014-07-22, 10:22 AM
Hi,

Can I use RF and Baseband hopping strategy in one BSC?

For example, I have one site that is RF hopping and its neighbors surrounded is using Baseband hopping. Now the site is experiencing high TCH drops. TCH drops reasons is due to radio failures. IS that okay or do I need to change the hopping mode to Baseband also?
What should I do? Im using Nokia equipment.

Br//

lihanbok
2014-07-22, 05:00 PM
Dear chronix_ray,
In my network use both RF Hopping and Baseband hopping, the KPI is still good. I think you can check the ARFCN ( avoid the same Frequency in Hopping list).
Brs,
Lihanbok.

chronix_ray
2014-07-22, 05:07 PM
Yes, I think it is okay to be combined but in a cluster basis. In my case, it is mixed. So mixed that it is like alternating bb and the other site is rf in a small area.

Alfabakar
2014-07-22, 06:18 PM
Hi
I don't have Nokia Experience,but according to my E// and HUawei Experience there is no problem using the 2 kind of frequency plans in the same BSC.
But in your case first make sure that the frequencies in the MA list of the serving cell are different(i mean not adjacent and not the same) from the BCCH or TCH of the neighbors cells.After that,to be sure that the drops are or not related to the HO,please check the HO relations one by one.Also check your radio link timeout values.