PDA

View Full Version : Question FACH BW and Drops/EFD problem

gunpowder
2014-07-17, 05:01 AM
Dears,

I appreciate your technical assistance for the following

why increasing FACH BW on huwaei Networks leads to increase FACH Drops and affects also State Transition Success rate
Why enabling EFD leads to degradation in terms of PS EST SR

Thanks

khurrambilal01
2014-07-17, 04:51 PM
Dears,

I appreciate your technical assistance for the following

why increasing FACH BW on huwaei Networks leads to increase FACH Drops and affects also State Transition Success rate
Why enabling EFD leads to degradation in terms of PS EST SR

Thanks

why increasing FACH BW on huwaei Networks leads to increase FACH Drops and affects also State Transition Success rate --> I think the main reason for this one is that increasing FACH BW means increasing data rate of FACH which makes it more vulnerable to noise and chances of drop increase and FACH coverage reduces relatively due to high data rate.
Why enabling EFD leads to degradation in terms of PS EST SR --> As soon as you enable EFD, the number of attempts on PS RAB decrease (DCH) while many users are shifted to FACH/PCH so overall the denominator of PS RAB Est SR decreases while number of PS RAB successful establishments remains almost same, this in directly reduces your KPI but in the field customer experience is the same! Nothing to worry abt :)

electron
2014-07-17, 05:40 PM
In addition, FACH state is not power regulated as well.

Cheers

why increasing FACH BW on huwaei Networks leads to increase FACH Drops and affects also State Transition Success rate --> I think the main reason for this one is that increasing FACH BW means increasing data rate of FACH which makes it more vulnerable to noise and chances of drop increase and FACH coverage reduces relatively due to high data rate.
Why enabling EFD leads to degradation in terms of PS EST SR --> As soon as you enable EFD, the number of attempts on PS RAB decrease (DCH) while many users are shifted to FACH/PCH so overall the denominator of PS RAB Est SR decreases while number of PS RAB successful establishments remains almost same, this in directly reduces your KPI but in the field customer experience is the same! Nothing to worry abt :)

khurrambilal01
2014-07-17, 07:51 PM
In addition, FACH state is not power regulated as well.

Cheers

Power regulated? I didn't catch it properly, Do you want to say that power is not properly assigned or no POC?

gunpowder
2014-07-19, 12:18 AM
Thanks for detailed feedback :)
i still confused with FACH BW relation with State Transition success rate
increasing FACH BW leads to degradation in State transition SR which is not logic

Thanks

electron
2014-07-19, 02:29 AM
Hi,

no POC i meant.

Cheers

faisaladeem
2014-07-19, 04:30 AM
You should increase FACH power when increasing the FACH bandwidth as well, however it might lead to power congestion so do it if your network doesn't have power congestion or with caution.

sabila
2014-08-15, 06:49 PM
on which part command huawei we can increase FACH BW and FACH Power,i still not found
many thanks if u can share it

samuraial
2014-08-15, 09:36 PM
Just check Hedex,

LST UFACH

Max Transmit Power of FACH(by default is 10).

B/R