PDA

View Full Version : UMTS traffic share

magno22
2014-07-11, 12:34 PM
Dears,
I have some traffic sharing issues. In public event one cell traffic extremely high and anoter one cell traffic is low. So i need to shift some traffic from high loaded cell to low loaded cell by changing parameter. Which parameter can share traffic? Change downtilt is not possible. Could you help me?

tanz
2014-07-11, 07:32 PM
Which vendor is it? NSN has few features to share load between site's sectors and carriers. I haven't done the optimisation of such parameters myself but I know it is possible to balance traffic through various techniques (DRRC?)
One such parameter I can think on top of my head is, Cell Individual Offset. You could make the neighbour sector more favourable by changing CIO values on loaded and on unloaded cell.

webkasperl
2014-07-14, 03:00 AM
Hi,

and it strongly depends on the bottleneck you have. If it is HW or CE ressouces, maybe such radio parameters can help. If you have a problem on uplink load, you should either tilt the antenna or add some extra attenuation on the up- and downlink. If it is just downlink power or codes, it can be solved much easier: just play with primary cpich power. Reducing the pcpich power will help to reduce traffic on the cell and additionally will increase capacity of that cell.

RRC redirection works just to other carriers, so if you have several carriers, of course RRC redirecton or a high value of sInterSearch (search for other carriers in idle mode already at good Ec/No) will be good.

Regards