PDA

View Full Version : Monto carlo simulation and Ec/Io

elahetal
2014-06-30, 09:53 PM
Dears,

As I know , for considering the load for Ec/Io, we need to run monto carlo simulation and then run Ec?Io prediction based on simulation result. If I am right about this part, I need to know if I need to replay/new simulation wehn I change the carrier configuration during planning? I am really confused with that as each time I run monto carlo simulation I see different result in Ec/Io prediction and the level of Ec/Io under the site[ I know that the monto carlo simulation randomly distribute users each time based on traffic map but I think the average result should be the same and it shouldn't have noticeable affect on prediction result each time].

I appreciate to clear it for me.

dekili
2014-07-03, 12:56 AM
Hi,

you see different results since Monte Carlo is used in situations where you can't (for any reason) calculate overall statistics. This means that Monte Carlo does not cover all possible outcomes of the scenario used "but enough of them". Because of that you will never have the same value that stands as average value )obviously it is possible only if you have simulated all possible outcomes which you haven't done with MC). Don't be confused because it is changed every time. Just run the simulation again.
BR